Mario wrote:
Hi, I'm running XP pro.
I've added a new 1 Terabyte drive for backup purposes.
I haven't put anything on it yet, I need to know about
three files that appear on the drive in explorer.

1. Autorun (folder)
2. autorun.inf file

3. System Volume Information

#3 is a function of XP, sticks one on every drive. Ditto recycle bin unless
you configure its properties to use one bin for all drives.

No idea about the autorun, what's in it? And what text is in the inf?

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

  • Re: How to disable the autostart options for some removable media?
    ... IOW, when I connect a Flash drive or HD "removable media" drive, I ... Then start TweakUI, go to TweakUI> My Computer> Autoplay> Types ... Uncheck "Enable Autoplay for removable drives" and click Apply. ... AutoRunSettings gives easy access to the basic Windows AutoRun ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: How to disable the autostart options for some removable media?
    ... IOW, when I connect a Flash drive or HD "removable media" drive, I ... Then start TweakUI, go to TweakUI> My Computer> Autoplay> Types ... Uncheck "Enable Autoplay for removable drives" and click Apply. ... AutoRunSettings gives easy access to the basic Windows AutoRun settings. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: xp home sp 2 wont take no for an answer
    ... * If you hold down the Shift key when inserting the CD, the autorun is bypassed. ... * Obtain and install TweakUI (part of the PowerToys for Windows XP package), ... Expand the My Computer branch, then the AutoPlay branch, and then select Drives. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: xp home sp 2 wont take no for an answer
    ... * If you hold down the Shift key when inserting the CD, the autorun is bypassed. ... * Obtain and install TweakUI (part of the PowerToys for Windows XP package), ... Expand the My Computer branch, then the AutoPlay branch, and then select Drives. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Need Autorun... Dont Have It...
    ... I have gone through the registry keys over and over again and have downloaded and run the MS Autfix.exe for both drives and restarted. ... I do have Ahead Nero but see nowhere to enable/disable autorun and Nero file check reports autorun as enabled for both drives. ... I do not see any settings in Avast that would seem to affect this. ... My Computer, right click on CD drive icon> Properties> Autoplay, click on> Prompt me each time to choose an action. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)