Re: IE 8,x How do I remove Ask.com Nero Toolbar.?

Brian K wrote:
Operating System Windows XP SP3
ISP Earthlink.net

Name: Nero Toolbar
Publisher: Ask.com
Type: Toolbar
Version: 5.5.2.106
File date:
Date last accessed: Today, March 09, 2010, 3 minutes ago
Class ID: {D4027C7F-154A-4066-A1AD-4243D8127440}
Use count: 16
Block count: 3
File: GenericAskToolbar.dll
Folder: C:\Program Files\Ask.com

Should I edit the registry and delete the class ID?
{D4027C7F-154A-4066-A1AD-4243D8127440}

Here are four things to try:

1. Open Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, locate the Ask Toolbar, and
remove.

2. Open Internet Properties, Programs tab, click the "Manage Add-Ons"
button and disable any Ask toolbars.

3. Open IE, click Tools, Manage Add-Ons, and do the same thing.

4. Install Winpatrol, double-click Scotty (in the Notification area),
click the "IE Helpers" tab, click the Ask Toolbar, click "Remove" at the
bottom of the screen.

--
Joe =o)

  • Re: Can I eliminate GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe?
    ... the toolbar from add/remove programs. ... In registry its listed as ... Navigate using your Up arrow key; the mouse will not work here. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: IE closing problem
    ... I had recently downloaded a newer msn toolbar. ... It's likely that another program is causing this- possibly legitimate- ... and remove add-ons, BHOs, etc. ... Windows Firewall before disabling a ...
  • Re: IE Crashes
    ... It's likely that a toolbar, BHO or other browser add-on is causing this. ... You can also manage add-ons from Control ... Dealing with Unwanted Spyware and Parasites: ... Malware Removal and Prevention Overview - CastleCopsWiki: ...
  • Re: IE Startup Problems
    ... don't quote me on this but things such as toolbar configuration ... BHOs and other add-ons to IE are installed to IE for that user account. ... Dealing with Unwanted Spyware and Parasites: ...
  • Re: IE6 crashing with kernell32.dll error - can anyone help please
    ... You should have Tools> Manage add-ons. ... Toolbar Cop will sometimes find and list add-ons that are not obvious or had ... Yahoo or Google toolbar. ... Or this may be a malware problem- adware, spyware, hijacker, trojan, ...