Re: XP SP3

Please be specific. Which downloaded file are you referring to?

Have you seen the troubleshooting suggestions from this page:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950718

I always have success installing SP3 when I do the following:

1. Install it from the file here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=5B33B5A8-5E76-401F-BE08-1E1555D4F3D4&displaylang=en

2. Configure a Clean Boot before you install SP3:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310353

3. Make sure IE is at IE6 level.

More info:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/itproxpsp/thread/a1f845c0-0638-463a-8627-59110e4b8a3b

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949377

Larry Ralph wrote:
I have tried everything recommended and still no luck installing SP3
for Win XP

"chas2209" <chas2209@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

" Larry Ralph" <larryralph@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

-- I can not install the Win XP Pro SP 3 from downloaded file?. Get
Error Message - "The requested lookup key was not found in any
active activation context."

I also could not install from Win Update. Error Msg. was -
0x87FF36B7 Any ideas on how to correct?

Larry Ralph

Hi
Read this

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950717

chas2209

  • Re: KB959140 can not be applied.
    ... of the msp file. ... Error message for the Win Update and run of the downloaded file is "Update ... On reboot of the system there is the message "Click Turn Off to install ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Aaron Gregg presents (4x,2)*
    ... the version of Quicktime on my work PC, but it worked fine on my Mac ... yeah i just install the newest version of quick time, ... I'm having the same problem with the downloaded file. ... The video stops ...
    (rec.juggling)
  • Re: Did I install a keylogger, or something else?
    ... Start by downloading each of the following additional free tools - and download ... downloaded file there. ... AdAware, CWShredder, and Spybot S&D have install routines - run them. ... Spyware Info: ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: XP SP3
    ... Try Google for both the error message and the number. ... -- I can not install the Win XP Pro SP 3 from downloaded file?. ... I also could not install from Win Update. ...
  • XP SP3