Re: "processing auto configuration" pop up

It's caused by your monitor, consult the monitor manual.

John

Lettesgo wrote:
I had to shut my computer down for a couple of days (went away). (Note that this is a pretty old desktop computer but although slow, works great. Windows XP home/2002 w/service pack 2)
When I came back, I re-booted and a pop up keeps coming up (blue outline, grey inside) that says: Processing Auto Configuration... then it disappears. There/gone-- there/gone. Screen kind of "jiggles" a little each time it pops up.
Making me crazy. Mouse pointer goes behind it. I called my computer tech support. They said I need to reinstall operating system/drivers etc (therefore losing everything on hard drive unless I go out and get a external hd to back all up). I really didn't understand what she tried to explain was the reason for this pop up. I actually thought it might be a virus...although my computer does an automatic update and virus scan regularly (just done and said was good).

Can someone help get this OFF my screen??
Thanks,
Lettesgo

  • Re: The American Dream
    ... Interesting, I'd like to see you demonstrate accessing the "information superhighway" byway of a Cisco router, without employing a desktop computer. ... I know, I am a long-time Linux user, developer, and advocate, the fact is that millions of computers had the Windows Rent included in their purchace price wether or not they actually ran Windows of because of the structure of the licencing deals Microsoft had with the PC Manufacturers. ...
    (sci.econ)
  • Re: reuse Windows XP w/SP2
    ... Windows XP on it. ... CD on my desktop computer? ... You don't install XP2 by "running many separate little .exe files from Microsoft". ... Download Windows Service Pack 2 Standalone Version ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: OT for cooking, but OT for newsgroups/usenet
    ... another desktop computer. ... You don't have to assemble anything anymore. ... problems (other than figuring how/where to install XP software on a ... Most problems are not HP's fault but Windows 7's. ...
    (rec.food.cooking)
  • Windows cannot access \Home-pcc - Error Code 0x80070005
    ... I just reinstalled Windows Vista HP on my desktop computer yesterday. ... Cradlepoint MBR1000 router to access the internet and files on my laptop (and ... I have set up my desktop computer for file sharing and printer sharing. ...
  • Re: Synchronization problems
    ... Were you logged in as a local Administrator account when you performed the ... > I have reinstalled my computer - I have installed Windows Server 2003> instead of previous Windows XP. ... Restart this desktop computer and synchronize> again. ... > If the problem persists and this desktop computer is running Microsoft> Outlook 2000, open Outlook 2000, click Help, and then click Detect and> Repair. ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync)