Re: Deleting System Restore points?

Leonard

"Each restore point is linked with previous restore points, so all restore points
created prior to a given restore point are needed to complete a
restoration."

Where did you get this idea from? It is inconsistent with your next point"

"You can only delete all but the most recent restore
point."

--

Gerry
~~~~

Leonard Grey wrote:
Restore points can't be deleted or preserved individually. Each
restore point is linked with previous restore points, so all restore
points created prior to a given restore point are needed to complete a
restoration. You can only delete all but the most recent restore
point.
System Restore is not a backup. To backup and restore your system in a
matter of minutes, use disk imaging software. Acronis True Image is an
example. Disk imaging has a learning curve, but it's so worthwhile.

You didn't say what operating system you have. Vista makes disk
images, albeit in a clunky way. Windows 7 has a much better imaging
utility. ---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Swifty wrote:
Is there a way to delete System Restore points?

I recently had a battle royal trying to get an X-Fi soundcard to
replace my faulty Audigy 2 ZS card. In the process, I installed, and
uninstalled dozens of times. This created lots of useless restore
points, but importantly, "aged out" all but the one useful restore
point, from a few days before the X-Fi card arrived.

As soon as another restore point is created, my last good one will be
gone. I'm already using the maximum allowed space, so there's no
obvious way of preserving this good one, if only for a few days
more, unless I can delete one of the intermediate bad ones.

.