Re: XP Home problem after installing SP3

[not sure why my
newsreader is not
posting. but I'll
try again]

------------
you're welcome.

------------

the bootcfg has provided
you with the 2 o.s.'s which
is pretty good.

modifying it is pretty simple.

the instructions can be
found here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/289022

basically, just modify the
details between the quotation
marks with the description
you want to appear on the
boot menu.

then save.

you can modify your
descriptions again,
if they don't sound
exactly right on the
boot menu.

--

db·´¯`·...¸><)))º>
DatabaseBen, Retired Professional

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Gill" <Gill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:6A8C4E36-862B-4848-8BA4-D5740649A85A@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
In error, I downloaded SP3. My pc is running XP Home with IE7 and Netgear
Wireless adapter WG111T (USB port) with a Belkin 802.11g Wireless Cable/DSL
Internet Gateway Router. All were working fine until I installed SP3. I
had checked all drivers were up to date when I bought the Belkin router.

Now I get the blue screen (forgot the error code as I'm at work) but it was
something like 0X0000001FC - it said it was to do with not enough memory.
When I press F8 on startup, it does take me to the proper screen - change the
order of loading to try to boot from CD and it doesn't even do that.
Eventually it just goes back to the blue screen. F2 and F12 are no help
either as I can't even start in Safe Mode so I can off SP3. Please help as
not much hair left now :(

  • Re: AT91RM9200 bootloaders (to boot into u-boot)
    ... a bootloader which should be easier to modify to match a boards ... configuration. ... > I have a board based on the AT91RM9200, and want to boot from SPI ... > for the ROM bootloader to handle). ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: grub2
    ... I updated from fedora14 to fedora16 and I am trying to modify the ... boot command. ... Edit /etc/grub2.cfg and that should be it. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Making /etc/fstab persistent in live-system
    ...     That would work but it has the annoying side effect that it becomes ...  that his/her fstab would not be reset at each boot). ... to modify after a chattr +i? ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Chaninging network settings from OK prompt
    ... I type boot and the ... process, shell out of the install process, mount the system partition, ... modify the files, and reboot. ... DeeDee, don't press that button! ...
    (comp.sys.sun.admin)
  • Re: Chaninging network settings from OK prompt
    ... I type boot and the ... process, shell out of the install process, mount the system partition, ... modify the files, and reboot. ... DeeDee, don't press that button! ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)