news:0fydnd0CfquTzFvUnZ2dnUVZ8reWnZ2d@xxxxxxxxx

"Big_Al" <BigAl@xxxxxx> wrote in message
news:Ov2WWcuqJHA.4996@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Macc said this on 3/22/2009 5:43 AM:
Hello

Which antispyware is recommended by this ng please? ATM I'm using
Windows Defender, Spybot, AdAware & Malwarebytes. I Also use Zone Alarm
Free & AVG Free AE which notifies me of tracking cookies etc.

Running all the time is Spybot Tea Time & Defender.

Do I need all these?

Macc
I have ZoneAlarm not so much as its a great firewall, but I like the
outbound notification it offers, especially when I'm testing new
software.
I also have AVG 8.5 Free A/V program. Don't know what AVG AE is.
And Defender.
I run Malwarebytes now and then, and CCleaner to clear out cookies. I
like CCleaner cause you can set aside cookies that you don't want
deleted. TVGuide's tv provider is a setting I like to keep :-)

Thanks. I do have CC Cleaner which I use every now & again. The Version
of AVG which I'm using is 8.0. A senior moment, I'm afraid, re "AE"
which is the Anniversary Edition of AdAware not AVG.

Macc

I found a real nice time saver called Cookie Monster (it's freeware)

http://www.ampsoft.net/utilities/CookieMonster.php

You can configure it to keep the few cookies you may need...
then in a matter of seconds delete all tracking cookies.

I've noticed that if one surfs prudently, after a long search,
most of those adware utilities just end up removing tracking cookies anyway

  • Re: Computer stuff, possible help
    ... Also don't know what kind of things AVG ... Malwarebytes found nothing on my desktop machine and just for the heck ... of it I ran AVG and Ad-Aware this morning. ... It can store log-on info separately from cookies and I have it set to ...
    (rec.outdoors.rv-travel)
  • Re: Computer stuff, possible help
    ... Also don't know what kind of things AVG ... Malwarebytes found nothing on my desktop machine and just for the heck ... of it I ran AVG and Ad-Aware this morning. ... It can store log-on info separately from cookies and I have it set to ...
    (rec.outdoors.rv-travel)
  • Re: Anti Spyware
    ... Alarm Free & AVG Free AE which notifies me of tracking cookies etc. ... Running all the time is Spybot Tea Time & Defender. ...
  • Re: Anti Spyware
    ... Alarm Free & AVG Free AE which notifies me of tracking cookies etc. ... Running all the time is Spybot Tea Time & Defender. ...
  • Re: Tracking cookies monitoring
    ... AVG, CCleaner & AOLSpyware Protection may detect cookies but they don't track them. ... The free version of MalwareBytes Anti-Malware doesn't track cookies nor does it provide any real-time protection. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)