Re: start up problems; f8, safe mode and BIOS....oh my!

So are you ready /now/ to show your computer to a professional?
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

tigris_nl wrote:
"Daave" wrote:
If Last Known Good Configuration doesn't work, try the method outlined on this page:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307545

Personally, I prefer to manually update my system precisely because of the problem you are experiencing!

Thanks Daave

I'm beyond frustrated now

Last known good config did not work
I tried your link, and it would not allow me to do any of the commands
So I tried to reinstall Windows and when I got to the welcome screen, I could not get passed it.

NOW WHAT!!!!????

Thanks for trying
Jen

  • Re: cant boot up XP past the intro screen
    ... Leonard Grey ... Errare humanum est ... I was able to boot up this time by getting into the Setup menu, and changing up the boot order, saving, and exiting. ... A professional technician can check your computer's hardware. ...
  • Re: How to do Repair Install- newbie
    ... Errare humanum est ... On Oct 25, 10:50 pm, Leonard Grey wrote: ... "How to recover from a corrupted registry that prevents Windows XP from ... have to erase your hard disk and reinstall all your software from scratch. ...
  • Re: Saving Settings Takes Too Long
    ... Leonard Grey ... Errare humanum est ... Ricky Jimenez wrote: ... I shutdown the computer. ...
  • Re: Saving Settings Takes Too Long
    ... Leonard Grey ... Errare humanum est ... Ricky Jimenez wrote: ... Automatic Updates are not set to install at shutdown, ...
  • Re: Computer Freezes at Login Page - Mouse doesnt work