helpsvc.exe

Hi all,
XP SP3. Recentely the helpsvc starts by itself and takes 90% CPU. I found an hotfix but is intended to be for XP SP2 only. Any suggestions.
Thanks,
Andrea

  • Re: xp sp2 download, computer wont boot up now
    ... but unless that update.sys gets slipstreamed into SP2 ... Push mcode to Prescott ... BIOS) by Intel, and the Celerons are stepping C0 and D0. ... overlooking issues that arise when reving CPU microcode while CPU is ...
  • Re: Windows Update 100% CPU usage issue - a NEW twist on an old pr
    ... Is KB927891 installed on all WinXP SP2 machines? ... The issue appears not to be the download of SP3 itself. ... PCs are at SP2 when they get stuck, we have had a couple that sp3 install ... new issue with servicehost.exe process taking 100% CPU. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • SP2 causes 100% CPU usage on my AMD K6 2/450 Notebook
    ... Sorting on the CPU column in the Processes ... I did but I trashed XP necessitating a re-install of XP SP1. ... ending with a re-install of SP2. ... confirmed that it was indeed something in SP2 causing this high CPU usage, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Operating System Throttling Does Not Work
    ... Well, all I can say, is that something has chanced with XPe SP2. ... With SP1 the throttling of the CPU has worked. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.embedded)
  • Re: Publisher 2007 Cannot open files after Security update applied
    ... Though on another machine I installed SP2 THEN the hotfix and the files can ... Did you install that KB on top of your SP1? ... Still had the same trouble after installing that patch. ...
    (microsoft.public.publisher)