XP Pro crashes upon startup after installing ASUS P5QL PRO motherb

Hello everyone. I’m looking for some help and would be grateful if anyone
could spare some advice.

My old motherboard died on me, so I needed to replace it with a new one. Now
that I’ve replaced it, I’m having trouble getting XP Pro SP2 to boot.

First let me state my current setup:
- P5QL PRO Motherboard with Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 (2.4GHz – 1066FSB – 8MB
Cashe)
- 2 HDD (Master) Seagate 160gb and (Slave) Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 9 200GB
- 2 1GB 128X64 PC2-8500 1066MHz DDR2 DIMM Memory
- E-GeForce 9800 GTX+ (512Mb)
- 650W ATX12V/EPS12V Silent 12CM power supply
- LG Super-Multi DVD drive (GSA-4120B)

After getting everything installed, connected, then recognized by the BIOS,
I try to load Windows XP, but as soon as the XP loading screen comes on,
about 2 seconds later it shows a blue screen error, then reboots (it all
happens so quickly, I can’t read what the error says).

I try starting XP in safe mode, but it seems to look for a long list of
drivers, then reboots without entering XP.

I have the XP Pro install disk, and I think I’ll need to reinstall my OS,
but I just wanted to see if anyone else might have some suggestions as to
what could be wrong, or what my options are. I hear Microsoft no longer
supports XP, so I’m a little wary about my next step.

I’ve tried to select repair installation (via setup XP pro disk), but it
brings me to some kind of DOS-like console. I’m not sure what to do there, as
it looks too advanced for me, so I think my only option is to reinstall XP.

I hope I provided enough information. If I left anything out, let me know
and I’ll do my best to provide additional information. Thanks in advance for
your help and time.

  • Re: c000021a (Fatal System Error)
    ... if you do a Repair Install it will not overwrite you data. ... later upgraded to XP Pro, and have used the Pro exclusively for about 2 ... I obtained an XP Pro reinstall disk, accessed the recovery console, ... I suppose if I swap drives, ...
  • Clean installation of XP Pro fails
    ... A customer has asked me to reinstall XP Pro for him from a Genuine Advantage ... I've booted off the CD and selected the options to reformat the disk and do ... I've also tried install XP Pro to a different disk, with the same failure, ...
    (uk.comp.misc)
  • Re: Xp Installed over over crap in system
    ... reinstall the applications but first make sure they are ... > a format and be able to install XP Pro AGAIN? ... >> Can someone help me with an issue with my XP Pro installation? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: XP Pro crashes upon startup after installing ASUS P5QL PRO mot
    ... Setup finds your current Windows installation. ... Windows XP Repair Install - How extreme can you go ... I'm having trouble getting XP Pro SP2 to boot. ... I have the XP Pro install disk, and I think I'll need to reinstall my OS, ...
  • Re: Reformatted My Hard Drive And Cannot Reinstall MS Office Pro 2
    ... Have a 1 Year Old Sony Computer with XP Pro ... I managed to install MS Office Professional 2007 and it's worked ... Restart your computer Or reinstall MS Office Outlook." ...
    (microsoft.public.office.setup)