Re: Computer turns itself to mute

Could be many things. Does your keyboard have a mute button? Could be
malware. You may have to go through the process of elimination to find the
cause. I.E. Prevent one program at a time from loading until problem no
longer occurs. How often does it happen?
"Agnes B" <Agnes B@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

From time to time, for no apparent reason, my computer turns itself to
mute.
I go to Control Panel/Sounds and uncheck the mute box and all is well.
But
what makes it happen and how can I make it stop? Thanks.

  • Re: How do I turn this sound off?
    ... unwanted sound. ... Logitech Media Pro keyboard. ... functions but all I wanted was Mute, Volume Up/Down, and a few buttons I ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: can "mute" be toggled?
    ... If you download and install the TweakUI.exe utility for XP from Microsoft, there's an included "Command Buttons" section that allows you to configure many of those special keyboard buttons and customise what they do. ... Is there a way to put "mute" in the taskbar or system tray in a way that I can simply toggle it on and off? ... promising results - the top 3 each used a different approach, two used different third-party utilities, the other used a .vbs. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • RE: Hotkey not working right with Intellitype Pro 6.3
    ... If that is the only option the Intellitype Pro 6.3 software configuration ... utility offers then I am afraid that is all the mute key will be able to do. ... or return the keyboard and buy something which meets your needs better. ... (FWIW, the volume controls ...
  • Re: can "mute" be toggled?
    ... system tray in a way that I can simply toggle it on and off? ... is the mute button and the up and down volume buttonss. ... Not every keyboard with extra buttons has the same things. ... Also Email, Play, Stop, Prev Track, Next Track, and Media. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Easy volume control
    ... >My home keyboard is advanced and has an extra button on the keyboard for ... >volume and mute at my finger tips. ... If you're using windows media player to playback your audio, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia)