windows cannot open this file: command.com

After running 'malaware' I restarted my PC and got the wallpaper screen,
but no icons, no toolbar and a window that pops up saying:

"windows cannot open this file: command.com, windows needs to know what
program created it...etc"

I have opened it with notepad but am not savvy enough to understand the
contents and even after that the window keeps reappearing.

I tried many of the tips suggested on this forum for the problem of 'no
toolbar, no icons' using the Task Manager, including a system restore,
but when I restarted, I got back to the same old command.com window.

Can anyone help me!?
Thanks.

--
b.bong
b.bong's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/b-bong.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

  • Re: Toolbar changes disappear on re-boot - PARTIAL WORKAROUND
    ... One of the things I've been trying to do is rearrange the order of the applications in the Quick Launch area of the toolbar. ... Specifically, I add the Address window. ... Next boot up, the Address window is gone, and the Quick Launch icons are back in the original order. ...
  • Re: Lost directory path in My Computer Folder - Tools ribbon displays nothing
    ... by 3rd party programs I mean things such as antivirus software set to scan email and antispamware that clearly messes up OE's functionality. ... And I would be be able to deal with a basic restore of toolbar application icons, ... Window with a Toolbar at the top, ...
  • Re: Lost directory path in My Computer Folder - Tools ribbon displays nothing
    ... The workaround for this is to go to File | Identities and set up a new Identity and that usually fixes it, but make sure you don't have a 3rd party program that could be interfering. ... And I would be be able to deal with a basic restore of toolbar application icons, ... Window with a Toolbar at the top, ...
  • Re: Lost directory path in My Computer Folder - Tools ribbon displays nothing
    ... And I would be be able to deal with a basic restore of toolbar ... application icons, ... On her PC when I click My Computers - the windows opens ... Window with a Toolbar at the top, ...