RE: Unknown File in Windows Temp

Hi Warren;

Unfortunatly file names mean very little, since both you and malware can
change file names easily. It is a bit suspicious though that it either moved
or changed it's name, so I'd suggest you run a couple of the on-line scanners
in SAFE mode with networking to assist McAfee in determining that your system
is really clean:
http://wiki.castlecops.com/Malware_Removal:_Online_Anti-Virus_Scans

Best of luck, Warren.
--
Regards, Dave

"Warren" wrote:

I have a file in C:Windows\Temp listed as WFV2.tmp. It is 35,996 kb in size
and cannot be deleted in normal windows mode. Upon rebooting in Safe mode,
it is not listed. I have run a scan with McAfee in windows and in DOS with
the SuperDat. Neither shows any infection. I am not too concerned as a
result but was wondering if anyone has an idea as to what program might be
utilizing this file so that it cannot be deleted. Thanks in advance!!

I am using Windows XP SP3 in case that helps.

  • Re: [Help] I dont understand what virus I have
    ... McAfee and Symantec I have not yet found what virus is the one which I ... (probably German or some scandinavian language, ... Windows partition, ... Try the most basic SAFE mode. ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)
  • Re: Can browse in Safe mode with networking, but very buggy in normal
    ... Can't install McAfee; must type "http://" and restricted zone are reset. ... > not exhibit any of these problems in Safe Mode With Networking. ... > able to install things like TweakXp4, Adobe Acrobat, and Windows XP SP2. ...
  • Re: Windows not starting completely, explorer missing ...
    ... I would never use McAfee or Norton. ... Even when I use the windows key. ... not know if other programs work. ... I the safe mode I have attempted to run ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
    ... adapter description file file name extension ... apple script to change file names ... batching file name changes in windows ... change short file names in dos ...
    (sci.misc)
  • Re: Cant get XP to idle
    ... hard disk failure, and before it failed the disk activity increased steadily. ... Windows XP may detect "too many" failures and start to ... If Safe Mode Command Only is fine, then try the following and compare ... The difference between Safe Mode and MSConfig startup suppression is ...