Re: Does Windows XP have native fingerprint authentication support?
- From: "John John (MVP)" <audetweld@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 12:44:48 -0300
No, you have to install the software that came with the reader. A Fingerprint reader is just another piece of hardware that needs the right drivers/software to work properly.
John Smith wrote:
I got a new laptop that has fingerprint reader for alternative authentication. It comes with a 3rd party software that supports fingerprint authentication. However, I want to know if Windows XP has native fingerprint authentication support? That is, after installing the Fp reader driver, can Windows XP itself support authenticating with FP, withour 3rd party software?.
- Prev by Date: Re: I cannot see 'Security' tab when opening my LAN connection
- Next by Date: Installer Error 1606 - Different Problem
- Previous by thread: Windows Explorer Dies at Right-Hand Mouse Click
- Next by thread: Re: Does Windows XP have native fingerprint authentication support?