Re: Cannot run most applications in XP

insufficient info but you can always try restore to previous day or so and
see if you have any luck. hopefully your new install did not wipe out the
need restore point.
"Vanz" <Vanz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Ok, I tried to search other threads for any solution for this problem but
none were helping me so I thought I'd post one. I don't really know what
happend but this one day when I tried to open some applications (such as
Winamp, YM, IE and even System Restore) won't run or more like nothing
happens. There's no error message or anything that shows me what the
problem
is. I've installed Anti-malware, Anti-spyware, registry booster then found
lot of errors, repaired it but it still didn't solve my problem. I am
using
Windows XP Media Center Edition 2002. If anyone knows of any solution
please
help me out. Thanks!

  • Re: Trojan / Adware infection on Windows XP Pro computer
    ... > can install on the infectedcomputer so that I don't have to contect to ... Microsoft has these suggestions for Protecting your computer from the ... - Roll back the clock with System Restore ... and some you can only download if you are registered - but it is best ...
  • Re: Automatic updates are downloaded but hang when initialising in
    ... use the Event Viewer to find the error message and the post it back here. ... to reenable System Restore? ... Browsing the internet for some help on this file I found out that I can install the programs, if I turn off the system restore functionality in safe mode. ... Click on the link to get to the Sec Bulletin's page and then use the links on that page to download the updates to your system. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: [problem] with installation of lexmark x5250
    ... Install them and do not connect the printer to the PC until the software ... it should come with an error message. ... >>> it's not really an error message, but the connection wizard just says ... >>> try to restore it to. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax)
  • Re: restoring sbs 2000 from backup...
    ... I had started an SBS install from scratch on the machine ... Today I thought I'd go into the office and try a restore of the C: ... The OS knows nothing about the underlying drives and could care less. ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz2000)
  • Re: Questionable Item in Restore Feature
    ... No the tech had done an earlier restore and I ... Looks to me like it is a problem between MS signed driver and my new Dell ... something with the scanner and I don't know what to ask for with Dell. ... a Kernel-Mode Driver install process on one of the various devices installed. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)