Re: Removing Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool - July 2008 (

Eric Post wrote:
If you right click on details of your Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool, and hit details, doesn't it say "Once you install this can't be removed?"

Where would I find Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool in order to right click on details? I've never been able to find out what happens to it after it downloads and installs. I know that if I ever need to use it, I certainly won't be able to find it.

--
Steve Swift
http://www.swiftys.org.uk/swifty.html

  • Re: KB890830 (May 2010) Fails to install
    ... The Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool is updated each month with 2 of the most detected malwares and technically speaking, it does not install, it just runs. ... runs it but never installs it and WSUS reports the servers as requiring this ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool?
    ... > Thoughts and opinions on the Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool ... It doesn't install, it runs and deletes itself each month that one is ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: problem with updates installation
    ... Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool - July 2008 ... will not install at all ... Shenan Stanley ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: newest security update messed up my computer
    ... KB958687 (Security update for Windows Vista) ... KB890830 (Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool) ... Install them one at a time and see which one causes the problem. ...
  • Re: cleanup after malware/trojan/virus
    ... malicious software removal tool, AVG, Trend, and Malwarebytes... ... I also had to do some cleanup in the registry -- windows updates was ... After doing the repair install of Windows (this is a Dell Inspiron ... to avoid a reinstall of Windows. ...