Re: MULTI-POST - winlogon.exe consuming 50% CPU time

Did as suggested but no entries of "O20 Winlogon" were in the log file.

Mike
news:OSf5D$myIHA.4772@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: "Mike in Nebraska" <Mike_Webb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

| Sorry to reply so late ...... the path to the file is:
| C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
|
| Mike

That's the legitimate file. The question is are there hooks in Winlogon
that is causing a
higher CPU utilization.

Download and execute HiJack This! (HJT)
http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/threat_analytics/HJTInstall.exe

Save a log and open it in Notepad.

Find the lines that start with "O20 - Winlogon ..."
Copy and paste ONLY those lines in your reply.

--
Dave

  • Re: winlogon not loading 32 bit xxgina.dll in xp 64 bit
    ... Winlogon is 64-bit on Windows XP 64-bit. ... You'll have to port your code to x64 and use a version of your DLL ... >,I have put this entries here. ... > Even though I have pointed it properly in the following registry path. ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Re: Make a CHKDSK log
    ... I just ran it from the CMD and it still didn't even give the Winlogon item in either Application or System in Event ... I have never seen a BIG log file or anything else. ... I don't know what's wrong with your system but on a normally running system running chkdsk creates a winlogon event in the Applications log in event viewer. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Running CHKDSK on external drive? Where is the log?
    ... I ran CHKDSK on my 1TB external drive and went to look for a WINLOGON ... log file for that program but there wasn't one for the day I ran the ... J Tinsby ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: MULTI-POST - winlogon.exe consuming 50% CPU time
    ... | Did as suggested but no entries of "O20 Winlogon" were in the log file. ... I am at a loss of why you have high utilization :-( ...
  • Re: Where is the log file for chkdsk?
    ... eventvwr | OK ... under Winlogon, Event 1001 ... Would like to view the .log file after chkdsk> is run. ...