Re: Trouble installing intunes and Quicktime for multiple user account

On Sat, 7 Jun 2008 14:13:00 -0700, OC wrote in message

Hello, I am trying to install updates of itunes and quicktime for 4 users on
my XP Home edition pc. The updates install without problem on the main admin
account. The program will not install on the remaining 3 user accounts. The
icons appear on the desktop but when you click on them they begin to try to
install "please wait while windows configs itunes". Then I get a msg
"problem w/ shortcut" "fatal error during installation". The older versions
of itunes and quicktime worked on all user accounts. Any help appreciated

If you search for "itunes.exe" and click on it, does iTunes open? You may
have to rebuild the shortcuts for the 3 user acounts.

  • Re: Getting frustrated
    ... > after I had given her user name admin privileges. ... > between the user accounts. ... I'd like for her to be able to install and uninstall ... > I have another workstation to set up that is XP Pro. ...
  • Re: Plugins and non-admin accounts
    ... > 3) If you know the normal plugins installed, ... It's a sensible policy really for Limited User Accounts (otherwise what's ... If any Users want a plugin installed, ... If the admin is using a Limited User account, ...
  • RE: Windows Intataller 3.1 Issue?
    ... For security purposes the Administrator account is the only ... Installer" box with "Preparing to install Acrobat 7.0.8" pop up every time I ... logged onto one of the limited user accounts. ... After going through all of this the execution from the limited user accounts ...
  • RE: Still an Urgent Problem
    ... I can no longer tolerate using defective, inferior software such as VISTA, ... open User accounts dialog, locate "Turn User Account Control on or off" ... uncheck "Use User Account Control to help protect your ... Thus, I can't uninstall the program and install the upgrade, which is an ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords)
  • Windows Intataller 3.1 Issue?
    ... My XP Pro system is configured with one administrator account and two limited ... Installer" box with "Preparing to install Acrobat 7.0.8" pop up every time I ... logged onto one of the limited user accounts. ... registry keys with SYSTEM and ADMINISTRATOR permissions only. ...