Re: still can't boot computer. Weird error messages.

On Sat, 31 May 2008 11:56:00 -0700, KerahLee
<KerahLee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

this stuff comes on when I turn computer on

Boot from CD:
NVIDIA Boot Agent 201.0440
PXE-E61:Media test failure, check cable
PXE-MOF: Exiting NVIDIA Boot Agen
Disk Boot Failure, insert system disk and press enter.

What disk do I need? I don't have any system disk for my computer so how do
I get one?

You have a CD left in your drive, and it's not a bootable one. Remove
it and it should boot normally from the hard drive.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup

  • Boot Error on Shadowed Sys Disk.
    ... and the system disk is in the SAN. ... Boot the new M32 from the same root as was used by the old M16. ... window) reduced all of my shadowsets to a single member (one of the ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: Shadow System Disk between two Hosts
    ... Currently each has its own system disk. ... A system ALWAYS boots from a single member of a shadow set. ... set is then rebuilt early in the boot sequence. ... But two hosts with one system disk shadow member on each host is ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: Only boots with CD in drive
    ... >> My problem is that I get a "Disk boot failure, insert system disk and ... >> enter, Windows will boot normally. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: VAX 11/730 SABACKUP questions
    ... I know how to boot SABACKUP from a TU58 or RL02, but I don't have a machine that I can use to generate media for them. ... The only thing I cannot remember is whether SA BACKUP was on a separate tape. ... Generally this means a TU58 set or a copy installed on the system disk. ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Problem with CLUSTER_CONFIG? (was: Re: DIFVOLMNT (%X0072832C), then bugcheck whenbooting any node.)
    ... I reran CLUSTER_CONFIG up until the point were you'd normally boot the ... recall that the new system at first had a bad Ethernet connection ... saw no other cluster nodes, and it formed a VAXcluster all by itself. ... worth the possibility of corrupting the system disk in a scenario like ...
    (comp.os.vms)