Re: Disc Cloning

David> Yes its Drive to drive, both IDE and 7200rpm
news:%237Qom7lvIHA.5472@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: "Bill Rose" <bill.rose10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

| I am trying to clone my existing C drive (60G) to a larger drive (200G),
| using Miray HD Clone Pro. The manual states that the transfer rate can
be
| up to 64MB per sec. i Can only achieve 1 MB per second. That means it
would
| take 16 HOURS lol.I have a raid card installed, would that cause it to
slow
| down. Tried to contact Miray but no response. Any advice would be
| appreciated.
| Bill Rose

How ?

Over the wire ?
Disk to disk ?
Is the disk IDE ?
If yes, what speed ? 500, 7200, etc. rpm ?

--
Dave

  • Re: second HD with drive image
    ... make a clone - a byte-for-byte copy of the partition. ... Casper 4.0 handles Vista as well. ... We've been working with the Casper 4.0 disk cloning program for about three ... HDD so that if the recipient of the clone is an internal HDD, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Backup Software rcommendation
    ... Before getting to the below, Yes, one could use a Cloned disk to Clone ... No, not to a failed disk, but to a good backup HD, which ... IMO external USB drives ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Ghost/Clone Hard Drive?
    ... I used Spotmau Clone Genius but while the clone did ... problem trying to clone Vista from my HDD to an OCZ SSD using Norton ... I would strongly second Gene's suggestion to take a look at the Casper 5 ... But the truly significant advantage of the Casper 5.0 disk cloning program ...
  • Re: Ghost/Clone Hard Drive?
    ... I used Spotmau Clone Genius but while the clone did ... problem trying to clone Vista from my HDD to an OCZ SSD using Norton ... I would strongly second Gene's suggestion to take a look at the Casper 5 ... But the truly significant advantage of the Casper 5.0 disk cloning program ...
  • Re: Seagate(Acronis) cloning not working right.
    ... I am trying to clone my Disk ... Maxtor or Seagate HDD. ... The next screen will indicate the source and destination drives. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)