RE: Window 'jumping" in frame

"Deb" wrote:

I'm not sure if this is the right forum, but I am experiencing " jumping"
whenever I open a window when I'm on line... or trying to access another URL.
Is it my monitor? My Mouse? Something else? My desktop remains static so I
dont think it's the monitor.

thanks

Hi Deb,
Can you please Explain further what you mean by "Jumping"?, do you mean
another window jump and open over the recent one or the Window shake a little
when you perform these operations?.

It could be because a malware or a BHO installed on your Browser causing
this to happen. So, try to Disable the Plug-ins and then renable them
one-by-one as instructed on the link below.
For more cleaning steps Try this:
Go through these Cleaning steps:
1... Click start >> Control Panel >> Double Click Network and Internet
Connections >> Double click Internet Options, on the IE Properties window
you will see these Options:
General | Security | Privacy | Content | Connections | Programs
| Advanced .

Click on General Tab (1st Tab on the left) and you will see a Button called
[ Clear History ..] click on it to clear your History caches, then click on
[Delete Files..] to delete Internet Files created over the time, click on [
Delete Cookies...] to delete your cookies left by visiting websites.

Then click on Advanced tab and scroll down to under the Browsing Option:
[&] Browsing
[ ] Enable Third-Party browser extensions (Req Rest) uncheck this box.
= Then try to Disable the Add-Ons on your Browser somehow installed on your
browser, On how to disable the Add-ons follow this:
Click on Programs Tab and then click the Manage Add-Ons Button there Disable
the None/Not Verified Plug-ins/Add-ons ( you need to Renable them one-by-one
later and see which is the culprit .
How to manage Add-Ons:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883256
Scan for malware from here:
SuperAntispyware - Free
http://www.superantispyware.com/superantispywarefreevspro.html
RootkitRevealer v1.71

Run a scan from here on-line:
http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/default.asp?langid=ie&venid=sym
Download Avast Cleaner (off-line scanner) from here:

After the scan run disk clean-up on your drive .
HTH.
nass
---
http://www.nasstec.co.uk

  • Re: Windows Explorer Hangs...Why?
    ... is trying to connect and download the page but nothing happens. ... But assuming you are a serious and you have trouble with your browser! ... Click on General Tab and you will see a Button called ... On how to disable the Add-ons follow this: ...
  • RE: ps2. exe has encountered a problem and needs to close
    ... browser, On how to disable the Add-ons follow this: ... Click on Programs Tab and then click the Manage Add-Ons Button there Disable ... When all else fails, HijackThis v1.99.1 ...
  • Re: Windows Explorer error repeatedly
    ... Hi James, ... Click on General Tab and you will see a Button called ... Enable Third-Party browser extensions uncheck this box. ... On how to disable the Add-ons follow this: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • RE: Blank windows
    ... Click on General Tab and you will see a Button called ... Enable Third-Party browser extensions uncheck this box. ... On how to disable the Add-ons follow this: ... How to use Reset Internet Explorer Settings: ...
  • Re: Shutdown problem - service host default grp
    ... nass wrote: ... Click on General Tab and you will see a Button ... Enable Third-Party browser extensions uncheck this box. ... On how to disable the Add-ons follow this: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)