Event ID: 7000
Date: 11/30/2007
Time: 9:57:32 AM
User: N/A
Computer: CONDO
The hpdj service failed to start due to the following error:

Rick

"Gerry" <gerry@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Rick

What is the status of Netman?
http://smallvoid.com/article/winnt-services-netman.html

Are there any yellow question marks in Device Manager? Right click on
the My Computer icon on your Desktop and select Properties,
Hardware,Device Manager. If yes what is the Device Error code?

What is your Windows XP CD as it is described on the face of the CD?

What is your computer make and model? How old is it?

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~
FCA
Stourport, England
Enquire, plan and execute
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rick Morrison wrote:
Gerry,

Sorry I didn't make clear my actions. When I found WMI disabled I
was able to set it to Automatic and start it. It did stick after a
reboot and, through reading the various error messages in the Event
Viewer, I also reset Telephony, Plug & Play, and Print Spooler. All
remained after a reboot.

The Event Viewer messages I sent in the last message were after a
reboot with all of the above resets.

I have rebooted into safe mode and logged on as Administrator several
times but each time I get the message telling me I must log in as
Administrator to make the return to Normal Startup.

We have made significant progress but I still can't get back to Normal
Startup.

Rick

"Gerry" <gerry@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Rick

I am not clear. When you found WMI wasn't set to Automatic did you
manage to reset it to Automatic and start WMI? Did the setting stick
after restarting the computer?

Have you tried loogging on the the Administratot in Safe Mode.
selecting Start, Run, Msconfig and selecting Normal StartUp? What
happens? Note being logged on with the right of an Administrator is
not the same as logging on the Administraor in Safe Mode. The User
Profile only appears on the log on screen in Safe Mode.

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~
FCA
Stourport, England
Enquire, plan and execute
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rick Morrison wrote:
The RPC was already set on automatic and started but the WMI wasn't.
After another reboot I changed the Telephony, Plug and Play, and
Print Spooler services. I now have sound and printer but I still
get the message that I must log in as an Administrator when I try to
change to Normal Boot in msconfig.

I've attached the error messages from the latest reboot.

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: EventSystem
Event Category: (52)
Event ID: 4356