Re: Need help with system start-up in Windows XP Media Center 2002 (Boot.INI and <windowsroot>\system32\hal.dll. error)

On Apr 30, 6:11 pm, "AJR" <ajr...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
You cannot restore to original state with XP CD - repair is usually
possible - not same as restore. What you did was reinstall XP as a second OS
installation which resulted in the dual boot option.

The default OS is Media Center and if you do not make a selection within 20
seconds (Timeout=20) the computer will boot Media center.

You may feel uncomfortable with removing the second installation and/or
modifying boot.ini. A quick solution pending further action is
"run>msconfig>boot.ini tab>set timeout to 0 sec and boot will be immediate
to Media Center.