Re: Does VISTA suck as much as people say?

"Bob Brown" <.> wrote in message
On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 19:25:17 -0600, "Ricky"
<rsjoiner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

"Bob Brown" <.> wrote in message
On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 11:30:40 -0700, "Ken Blake, MVP"
<kblake@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Also note that many of the people who badmouth Vista
have never even run it, just read about it. Not all the opinions you see
are
informed opinions.

Have you ever heard of a Movie Review? They tell you if the movie is
good or sucks, based on that people go see the movie or not.

Why is it that when a review is positive, microsoft will quote it?
If the reviews are to be dismissed, shouldn't the positive reviews
also be dismissed?

Did you get your check yet?

But a movie review is just an opinion from someone that saw the
movie..it's
not the same thing. Ive been running Vista since the first public beta and
I've had no problems either.

Why did you "need" vista? Was it like most who said they had to have
the latest and greatest or was their something vista offered that XP
didn't have?

I haven't bought Vista yet..I'm still using the RC2 version. I haven't
decided yet whether to buy or not. I'm dual booting with XP at the moment
till I do decide. It does have a lot of things XP doesn't have but I'm not
sure if I need them yet or not.

--
Computers make very fast, very accurate mistakes.

  • Re: C: The Complete Meta-Nonsense
    ... ....or understanding them at greater depth, ... The opinions of a qualified expert in the field are sufficient to qualify ... or in a review in a computer journal. ... You pussies pick your fights carefully and still lose. ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Advice Needed...
    ... get opinions and I need to provide some background... ... line) for a client in VB4.0 16 bit using Access databases. ... a rep bought a machine with Vista Ultimate. ... standard panel or frame controls work perfectly. ...
  • Re: Search by name and file type
    ... More information on how to use Vista Search can be found at Start menu> Help and Support. ... Out of a total 35 hits first was a PDF file. ... Word) or search by folder. ... Opinions are a dime a dozen, and everyone has got an option. ...
  • Re: Christmas Carol - I Rather Enjoyed That (SPOILERS)
    ... Sorry, as you're apparently hard of thinking, let me give you a clue: ... The Guardian`s review ... `A Christmas Carol riffs magnificently and faithfully on the beauty and simplicity of its source material. ... Now, obviously, if you don`t like something then other people`s opinions are just that...other people`s opinions. ...
    (rec.arts.drwho)
  • Re: A critique of the BBC aquatic ape programme and the transcript.
    ... > problem and consider each and every possibility where the evidence ... You are entitled to your opinions about wading and swimming and whatnot ... gone through review and published in *reputable and ... that I'm somehow hydrophobic is both ignorant and unfounded. ...
    (sci.anthropology.paleo)