Re: Booting frm D drive instead of C Drive

Everything worked down to: "...click My Computer icon; place cursor on C
drive; find boot.ini file.." Boot.ini" was not there. Ony 2 shared file
folders (Shared docs and Mary's Docs); then Hard Disk Drive was Local Disk C,
Disk Tot 74.5GB, Free 6l.l GB; and A,D & E Removable.
So I did "Search" and came up with: [boot loader]
timeout=5
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home
Edition" /fastdetect /noexecute=optin
That was one of 3 items shown in Search. Does this help you?

"Gerry Cornell" wrote:

Gramma

I think we need to see what is said in your boot.ini file.

To see your boot.ini file you may need to make sure that you can
see all files. Go to Start, Control Panel, Folder Options, View,
Advanced Settings and verify that the box before "Show hidden files
and folders" is checked and "Hide protected operating system files"
is unchecked. You may need to scroll down to see the second item.
You should also make certain that the box before "Hide extensions for
known file types" is not checked. Next in Windows Explorer make
sure View, Details is selected and then select View, Choose Details
and check before Name, Type, Total Size, and Free Space.

Next access Windows Explorer by double clicking the My Computer
icon on your Desktop. Place the cursor on your C drive. Find and
double click the boot.ini file and it will open. Next place the cursor
anywhere in the body of text in the file and select Edit, Select All,
which
will highlight all the text in the file. Select Edit, Copy and close the
file.

Finally paste the text from your Clipboard ( edit, copy will have put
the
text in your Clipboard) in a further message to us here.

It is important that you do not make any changes to the content of
the boot.ini file as the file is crucial to the process of starting your
computer.
--

Hope this helps.

Gerry