Re: Transfer XP from one PC to another
- From: "Ken Blake, MVP" <kblake@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 20:54:54 -0700
I have an old PC with Windows XP Professional on it and a newer PC
with XP Home. I want to upgrade the XP Home installation to
Professional with the setup disk that I have and remove Windows from
the old PC.
Since I will be installing XP Professional on only one PC, I guess I
should be allowed to do the "transfer". But I doubt if Product
Activation will allow me to do it. Any suggestions on how to do this?
Assuming that your copy of XP Professional is a retail copy (not OEM) and
that it's a Full or Upgrade copy, there is no problem. Just do it. Worst
case, you will be prompted to activate by voice call to an 800 number. But
that's quick and easy.
Ken Blake - Microsoft MVP Windows: Shell/User
Please reply to the newsgroup
- Prev by Date: Re: XP and RAM
- Next by Date: Re: Laptop died - how to get Documents and Settings files off HDD ?
- Previous by thread: Re: Transfer XP from one PC to another
- Next by thread: Re: Transfer XP from one PC to another