Re: Outlook Express, Error Number: 0xC00CE556

Fierce1 wrote:
Everytime I initially open Outlook Express (6.0.2900.2180 sp2, under XP Home SP2 with all updates) , either with it Automatically set for Sending and Receiving messages upon opening OE, OR disabling this function and manually clicking on 'Send/Receive' in it's Toolbar, I receive an Error Message box with two(2) tabs (Tasks and Errors). Under the 'Tasks' Tab there's a Red X next to "Check for new messages on 'Hotmail' " and the Status note states 'Failed' and nothing(Blank), at all under the 'Errors' Tab ... OR sometimes there IS A message under the 'Errors' Tab, stating: Unable to poll for new messages on your HTTP server. Account: 'Hotmail', Server: 'http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp', Protocol: HTTPMail, Server Response: 'Invalid at the top level of the document.
', Port: 0, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0xC00CE556

... again, this is only upon initially opening OE, but when I manually click on 'Send/Receive' after this intial Error situation the error condition goes away and everthing works fine and seems back to normal,up until I close OE, but if I open OE again later this error condition always returns.

What's going on and can somebody assist me with this glitch ? ... because this has never happened before and has been ongoing now for several weeks .

That may be a common problem in this NG:

--
Joe =o)
.