Re: Outlook Express, Error Number: 0xC00CE556

Fierce1 wrote:
Everytime I initially open Outlook Express (6.0.2900.2180 sp2, under XP Home SP2 with all updates) , either with it Automatically set for Sending and Receiving messages upon opening OE, OR disabling this function and manually clicking on 'Send/Receive' in it's Toolbar, I receive an Error Message box with two(2) tabs (Tasks and Errors). Under the 'Tasks' Tab there's a Red X next to "Check for new messages on 'Hotmail' " and the Status note states 'Failed' and nothing(Blank), at all under the 'Errors' Tab ... OR sometimes there IS A message under the 'Errors' Tab, stating: Unable to poll for new messages on your HTTP server. Account: 'Hotmail', Server: 'http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp', Protocol: HTTPMail, Server Response: 'Invalid at the top level of the document.
', Port: 0, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0xC00CE556

... again, this is only upon initially opening OE, but when I manually click on 'Send/Receive' after this intial Error situation the error condition goes away and everthing works fine and seems back to normal,up until I close OE, but if I open OE again later this error condition always returns.

What's going on and can somebody assist me with this glitch ? ... because this has never happened before and has been ongoing now for several weeks .

That may be a common problem in this NG:

--
Joe =o)

  • Re: Outlook Express, Error Number: 0xC00CE556
    ... Under the 'Tasks' Tab there's a Red X next to "Check for new messages on 'Hotmail' " and the Status note states 'Failed' and nothing, at all under the 'Errors' Tab ... ... OR sometimes there IS A message under the 'Errors' Tab, stating: Unable to poll for new messages on your HTTP server. ... again, this is only upon initially opening OE, but when I manually click on 'Send/Receive' after this intial Error situation the error condition goes away and everthing works fine and seems back to normal,up until I close OE, but if I open OE again later this error condition always returns. ...
  • Re: Wierd Xnews bug(?)
    ... uk.motorsports.formula1 on *your* server and opening it and see ... (and the newgroup does not exist!) ... Here a Tab shows a group abbreviated as "us.motorsports.formula1": ...
    (news.software.readers)
  • Re: OT: What is server 288?
    ... moving a file in XP folders, or opening an image or something, and I'll ... 'Server 288 is taking too long to respond...' ... Can you tell us the address that Firefox is trying to access? ... the tab it should be in the address bar. ...
    (uk.telecom.broadband)
  • Re: OT: What is server 288?
    ... moving a file in XP folders, or opening an image or something, and I'll ... 'Server 288 is taking too long to respond...' ... Can you tell us the address that Firefox is trying to access? ... the tab it should be in the address bar. ...
    (uk.telecom.broadband)
  • Re: Mail for one particular recipient keeps getting stuck in the outgoing queue
    ... Please contact your ISP to add a PTR record for your domain to their DNS server. ... Under the Service tab, check "Hide All Microsoft Services", and then click "Disable All" button. ... Please enable SMTP log first, reproduce the issue, then send the log to v-mzhuan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx: ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)