Re: Login: unable to type password at welcome screen (several PCs)

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in news:esvYafgCHHA.4740
@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl:

I faced the same problem, and here is the command that fixed it.

regsvr32 shgina.dll

Press Enter.

YMMV.

GINA is the login API, so I'd guess shgina.dll is the DLL that provides the
Welcome Screen. I'll have to see what regsvr32 is supposed to fix.
Presumably it re-registers the DLL in the registry, so I'll have to see if
the registry is missing it.

  • Re: regsvr32 error code 0x80004002
    ... so the registry entries are created. ... The call to PrxDllRegisterServer fails with E_NOINTERFACE, so regsvr32 displays error code 0x80004002. ... You could find out what module (.dll) that PrxDllRegisterServerresides in and if it is a redistributable DLL, see if it has a different version on the system that fails than if it succeeded. ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)
  • Re: IE6 keeps crashing (with W2000 Pro)
    ... Do you have Norton Cleansweep? ... Scroll down to O20 - AppInit_DLLs Registry value autorun ... NT\CurrentVersion\Windows loads a DLL into memory when the user logs in, ... I tried registering regsvr32 apitrap.dll and got the ...
  • Re: Wont Open in New Window
    ... got the expected error on Shell32, ... of my registry and dll files as much as I can, ... >regsvr32 scrrun.dll ...
  • Re: Regsvr Logging -- Win98
    ... regsvr32 loads the DLL and calls its DllRegisterServer entry. ... The best you can do is to monitor the registry, or apply a before - after ... > Thanks for response. ...
    (microsoft.public.vb.winapi)
  • Re: getting rid of unwanted dlls
    ... instances from the registry. ... It won't unload because regsvr32 can't ... trying to remove it in "Safe Mode" have failed because someone ... that the DLL is loaded with the winlogon service. ...