Re: wpdnse folder?

I have a temp folder called " wpdnse". It is listed in %temp%.

Looks like Windows Media Player 11 is the culprit.

When I try
to delete the folder, it is recreated upon starting or restarting my
computer.

WPDShServiceObj.dll probably recreates the folder.

<quote>
WPDNSE stands for Windows Portable Device Namespace extension. The only
thing that I can think of is that Windows uses this folder to temp share
information when user elects to share information from a portable device.
You can add files to it, but they are deleted as soon as the user logs off.
<quote>
http://www.vistababble.com/forums/vista-bugs-problems/631-error-folder-shared-other-people.html

<quote>
Thanks for your brilliant post. WPDNSE is definitely related to Windows
Media Player 11. I just uninstalled WMP 11 and WMP 11 runtime libraries. And
WPDNSE folder is GONE!.

Hey all. Yea, a few days after removing WPDShServiceObj.dll, I am no longer
having a problem with the elusive, empty, self-generating WPDNSE folder.
Hoorraaayy!!!
<quote>
http://www.videohelp.com/forum/archive/t304104.html

<quote>
Name: WPDShServiceObj
Filename: WPDShServiceObj.dll
Command: C:\WINDOWS\system32\WPDShServiceObj.dll
File Location: %System%
Startup Type: This startup entry is started automatically via the following
Windows Registry keys:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\
ShellServiceObjectDelayLoad

Under that key will be a value containing the listed CLSID which can be
found under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\ and contains the filename that is to be
loaded.
CLSID: {AAA288BA-9A4C-45B0-95D7-94D524869DB5}
<quote>
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/startups/WPDShServiceObj-15009.html

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:9C81B8B0-72BE-4727-968F-68D2A9921391@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,
Vince <Vince@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> hunted and pecked:
I have a temp folder called " wpdnse". It is listed in %temp%. When I try
to delete the folder, it is recreated upon starting or restarting my
computer. Recently I installed the new Windows Media Player 11 and the
Final version of Windows Defender 1.1.1593. One of these installs could
have created this folder. Does anyone know what this folder is and why it
can't be permanately deleted? Thanks

  • Re: recover compacted folders
    ... Because of this tendency of attachments to infect, ... , then wasted space is generated in that file, and the folder must be ... Windows 2000 and Windows XP. ... Windows XP Service Pack 2 Resources for IT Professionals ...
  • Re: Lost Emails Information During "Compacting" of Folders
    ... , then wasted space is generated in that file, and the folder must be ... Options | Maintenance for each Identity you have, and then compact manually ... Turn off email scanning in your antivirus software. ... Windows 2000 and Windows XP. ...
  • Re: downloading messages
    ... , then wasted space is generated in that file, and the folder must be ... Options | Maintenance for each Identity you have, and then compact manually ... Turn off email scanning in your antivirus software. ... Windows 2000 and Windows XP. ...
  • Re: Recovering messages failed!!
    ... Importing Outlook Express 6 messages from storage folder comes up with the ... Turn off email scanning in your antivirus software. ... Windows 2000 and Windows XP. ... Windows XP Service Pack 2 Resources for IT Professionals ...
  • Re: Two Folders missing from Local Folders on OE
    ... The other folder that is missing does not have this. ... Turn off email scanning in your antivirus software. ... Windows 2000 and Windows XP. ... Windows XP Service Pack 2 Resources for IT Professionals ...