Re: Can this XP crash be saved?

"Hugh Verdam" <hugh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:b37qi2lqqemfcu5npcj9ma0uctomo82ev8@xxxxxxxxxx
Since the post, I found a copy of win.tmp that I could rename to
win.ini. Dont know if that made difference. :-o But at least I
repaired that empty file.

It turns out that the super duper registry cleaner did save all
changes. I didn't bother using it again. I just clicked on the
backup.reg file and let regedit import all the stuff that was taken
out.

Then I did a warm reboot, but it didn't change a thing. Maybe that
wasn't what caused the problem in the first place. Who knows?

What I keep wondering--how can all of my menus be in the appropriate
"Start Menu" folder under "Documents and Settings" yet still not show
up on my desktop?!

Why doesn't Windows know its paths anymore?

And why can't I get that @#$$ System Restore started?

All very strange.

On Wed, 11 Oct 2006 11:02:49 -0300, John John <audetweld@xxxxxxxxxxx>