Re: explorer system32 folder at startup

OK,

Presuming that you logged in as the Administrator in Safe Mode.
If you're using the Starter program I mentioned, go to the section
Registry => Current User and uncheck everything in there.
Restart

If the condition persists, just re-check everything.
If it goes away, start re-checking the entries one-by-one and
restarting after each to try and narrow down the culprit.

  • Re: 890830 MSRT keeps wanting to download
    ... If you already saved the update on the disk, run the computer in safe mode ... restart your computer, open the Windows Update site and run an update check. ... I have just had a prompt to download updates and guess what it ... The registry key, where versions of MSRT are stored, is probably ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Cant login - Deleted winlogon references in registry
    ... registry. ... When I now restart my (XP Professional running a Toshiba ... I have tried safe mode, safe mode with command prompt etc, ...
  • Re: BACKDOOR.SDBOOT - Virus
    ... >the registry?!? ... Dan ... Restart the machine in safe mode. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: VBS.GAGGLE.D
    ... To restart the computer in Safe mode or end the malicious process ... instructions, read the document, "How to start the computer in Safe Mode." ... Symantec strongly recommends that you back up the registry ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.virus.discussion)
  • Re: Windows XP Pro is FUBARd!!! Help!
    ... Which registry key/entry did you remove, ... this generally has to do with Norton Systemworks 2003 Pro. ... > So I said to myself, "Self, use System Restore". ... Upon restart, the blue screen of death came back. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)