Re: I need help Dual Booting into WINXP and VISTA with Microsoft Dual
- From: "GS" <GS@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 16:33:39 -0600
I am not familar with Vista but with windowsxp,
the line you need to add is something like this
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home"
The above line assume your original xp is in the first drive, partition 1
you may have to make adjustment for some parameters but is a good start to
"Master Jedi" <Master Jedi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I have no idea how this happened, but my Microsoft Dual Boot system becametool.
corrupted by some missing file or some such. I did what it told me to by
inserting the vista disk after reboot and selecting the repair recovery
Followed those instructions and did what it told me too. And now I cantboot
into Windows XP. Can anybody please OMG save me? I did a little Googlingand
found that I have to edit the autoexec.ini boot file or whatever to amendit
with adding an option to boot into XP and VISTA. How do I go about doingpartition
that? My main partition is Primary NTFS - WinXP Home, My second dos
is NTFS - VISTA. So how do I go about adding and editing this file? Can
anyone instruct me? please?
- Prev by Date: Re: Strange dialog box (unknown characters) BEFORE Windows logon screen .. any help?
- Next by Date: Re: System reboots when installing nVidia driver
- Previous by thread: Re: virus protection and help/support
- Next by thread: System standby failed