Installing WinXP one partition, programs another

I was wondering if it were possible to install all my programs on one
partition, and winXP Pro on another. Then, if I have to reinstall
windows I wouldn't have to reinstall all the programs.

The problem is that I would like to reformat the partition where
windows is going to be installed. Couldn't I just export the registry
beforehand, and then import it after install? (I'm assuming I'll have
to re-install any drivers first). Or is this a pipe dream?

Thanks,
Markus

  • Re: xp on intel Mac from usb stick?
    ... Would it be possible to run windows xp native from a usb stick? ... A custom slipstreamed CD is required to install XP on a Mac. ... partition managers but if you're feeling adventurous you may ... This procedure WILL WIPE YOUR iMAC DISK CLEAN. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.apps)
  • Missing applications after XP clean install/reinstall - Help!!
    ... Here's my problem in a nutshell: I've reinstalled Windows XP SP2 clean. ... I've managed to get my main user profile back so I have all of my documents, ... I have the install disks for a lot of my major applications - Microsoft ... 40GB partition. ...
  • Re: Missing applications after XP clean install/reinstall - Help!!
    ... Here's my problem in a nutshell: I've reinstalled Windows XP SP2 clean. ... I've managed to get my main user profile back so I have all of my documents, ... I have the install disks for a lot of my major applications - Microsoft ... 40GB partition. ...
  • Re: Dual boot problem
    ... The install went smoothly but when the computer restarted it ... went straight into Windows XP and the Grub Bootloader did not appear! ... One produced the same problem) For some reason the Grub bootloader had ... install GRUB on the first track on the partition where I installed ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: I want to re-install Internet Explorer 6 on XP
    ... I've even tried to re-install Windows XP but my computer won't ... A reinstall over the existing install can cause ... >> How do I repair Internet Explorer in Windows® XP? ... >> Right click the ie.inf file and click Install on the context menu. ...