Re: Shut down

When you get this message:
The application failed to initialize because the windows station is shutting
down

Look in the upper left hand corner for the name of the application.

Post back with the name.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:33B343DC-B66E-4115-A523-C1E11EBB4641@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,
Douglas <Douglas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> hunted and pecked:
My computer hangs when I try to shut down. A message appears that says
"The application failed to initialize because the windows station is
shutting down". I have to click the "OK" several times before it finally
shuts down. It always appears with DEBLOBBY.EXE and WSNDAUDC.EXE

  • application failed
    ... I keep getting this message everytime I shut off the PC " this application ... failed to initialize because this windows station is shutting down" Does ...
    (alt.os.windows-xp)
  • Re: application failed
    ... I keep getting this message everytime I shut off the PC " this application failed to initialize because this windows station is shutting down" Does anyone know how I can fix it? ...
    (alt.os.windows-xp)
  • DWWIN.EXE Error Message at Shutdown
    ... Every time I shut down my system, I get this error message: ... application failed to initialize because the windows station is shutting ...
  • Re: DWWIN.EXE Error Message at Shutdown
    ... Willie ... > application failed to initialize because the windows station is shutting ...
  • Re: no applications will work
    ... Last Known Good only works if a user is unable to successfully log into ... that dll failed to initialize and below it a message saying application ... failed to initialize because windows station is shutting down. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)