Re: Attachments

That's up to you. Which program do you prefer? Which program has been more
highly rated by reviwers? I don't use either of those myself.

--
Ted Zieglar
"Backup is a computer user's best friend."

"Barry Karas" <bkaras@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I have AVG Free as well as McAfee Total Protection. Which ONE should I
keep
running?

Thank you,

Barry Karas
**************
"Ted Zieglar" <teddy.z@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
No amount of software can protect your system from malware. Your good
judgement in using your computer safely and wisely is the best deterrent
against malware. Software is useful to attack malware that gets past
your
guard.

Do not ever have two antivirus programs running in the background at the
same time. This leads to less security, not more.

The situation is not as clear cut with respect to other anti-malware
programs, since there is such a wide variety of malware that no one
program
can detect every variant. The rule of thimb is not to have two (or more)
anti-malware programs running in the background at the same time. You
can
have many anti-malware programs installed on your computer, but only one
should be running in the background at all times. The others are used
for
'on demand' scans.

--
Ted Zieglar
"Backup is a computer user's best friend."

"Barry Karas" <bkaras@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
23-Jun-06

I do not open e-mail attachments from non-friends - except if I expect
the
attachment. A problem arises when attachments from friends. Some of
those
friends may INADVERTENTLY be sending malware to me. [I.e. those friends
may
themselves be receiving malware-containing e-mail messages, those
friends
think some of the malware-containing messages are interesting, and are
forwarding them to me. Of course, those friends are not aware that the
messages themselves contain malware.

Therefore, I do not open any attachments.

I have two constantly updated anti-virus programs and two anti-spyware
pgms.
Are these enough to protect my system from malware?

Thank you,

Barry Karas

  • Re: Attachments
    ... Ted Zieglar ... "Backup is a computer user's best friend." ... I do not open e-mail attachments from non-friends - except if I ...
  • Re: screen hangs frequently for several seconds
    ... Viruses and other types of malware. ... Ted Zieglar ... "Backup is a computer user's best friend." ...
  • Re: W32.RontokBro.B@mm
    ... go to registery and remove some keys and values from registery. ... attachments, doing a System Restore) or malware persistence. ... What I'm looking for, but not finding, is a way the malware can ... Safe Mode Cmd ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: increasing hard drive size
    ... The Problem is that WindowsXP cannot format a partition larger than ... The risk is simply too great. ... comes from a friend, ... You often see advice not to open attachments from people you don't ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: IE is corrupted & Im not sure what to do
    ... Onenumber belonged to a friend who has no Internet ... Malware Removal and Prevention Overview - CastleCopsWiki: ... 827315- Unexplained computer behavior may be caused by deceptive software: ... the program won't terminate and I get the window to end or cancel. ...