Re: Windows no longer brings up the "Open With" window.
- From: "Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 6 May 2006 08:41:13 +0530
You may use this utility in the following situations
1. A junk entry appears in the Auto-play window, sub-titled as <need
provider> ( Fig 1)
2. Select an action to perform box is completely blank for an Event (Fig 2)
3. To remove unwanted entries from the AutoPlay window.
Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User]
Windows® XP Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com
"Jeff Wernicke" <JeffWernicke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
When I insert a music CD or DVD-R/RW or a movie DVD, or a CD-R/RW, windows
does not give me a choice for what program I want to run to use the recently
inserted disc. Game CD's do Auto Start properly though. When I insert the
above mentioned discs, Windows Explorer just opens to display the contents
the disc. When I go into "My Computer" and select "Properties" for my DVD
or DVD drive, and then select the "AutoPlay" tab, no matter what I choose
the content type, the "select an action to perform" list is completely
I want Windows XP Home Edition SP2 to bring up the "Open With" window like
it used to when I insert these disks.
Thanx for your time and help!
- Prev by Date: Re: sound. windows xp reinstall no sound drivers or mixerdevices
- Next by Date: Re: Help and Support
- Previous by thread: Re: Windows no longer brings up the "Open With" window.
- Next by thread: Re: sound. windows xp reinstall no sound drivers or mixerdevices