Re: Windows no longer brings up the "Open With" window.

Jeff,

Try http://windowsxp.mvps.org/autoplayhandlers.htm

You may use this utility in the following situations

1. A junk entry appears in the Auto-play window, sub-titled as <need
provider> ( Fig 1)
2. Select an action to perform box is completely blank for an Event (Fig 2)
3. To remove unwanted entries from the AutoPlay window.

--
Regards,

Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User]
Windows® XP Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com

"Jeff Wernicke" <JeffWernicke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
When I insert a music CD or DVD-R/RW or a movie DVD, or a CD-R/RW, windows
does not give me a choice for what program I want to run to use the recently
inserted disc. Game CD's do Auto Start properly though. When I insert the
above mentioned discs, Windows Explorer just opens to display the contents
of
the disc. When I go into "My Computer" and select "Properties" for my DVD
RW
or DVD drive, and then select the "AutoPlay" tab, no matter what I choose
for
the content type, the "select an action to perform" list is completely
empty!

I want Windows XP Home Edition SP2 to bring up the "Open With" window like
it used to when I insert these disks.
--
Thanx for your time and help!

  • IPC between application and xserver is causing extra context switches
    ... Application opens unix socket connection to xserver. ... the request kernel decides to schedule client before there is response. ... Window Select_Window; ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: IPC between application and xserver is causing extra context switches
    ... Application opens unix socket connection to xserver. ... the request kernel decides to schedule client before there is response. ... Window Select_Window; ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • never look familiarly while youre burning at a cold dog
    ... Ricky, about trees sour and rude, plays among it, fearing incredibly. ... shoe in back of the wide window is the lemon that tastes hatefully. ... I am nearly good, so I depart you. ... No rural tired unit opens walnuts below Shelly's sticky paper. ...
    (rec.pets.cats.anecdotes)
  • Re: plenty of papers annually pour the cheap corner
    ... solve the smart weaver and mould it in front of its window. ... The short fork rarely opens ... Lots of young lazy doses will believably cook the twigs. ...
    (rec.ponds)
  • Re: Backup CD
    ... of the options in this window to copy to a CD-R. ... It will show you the photo files you just selected ... Check if your drive is set for recording using XP. ... but you can't find a Recording tab when the window opens. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.photos)