Re: Windows no longer brings up the "Open With" window.

Bring up windows Explorer and right click on you cd rom. Select properties
then Autoplay, then select what you want to do.
Hope this helps.

Mickey

"Jeff Wernicke" <JeffWernicke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
When I insert a music CD or DVD-R/RW or a movie DVD, or a CD-R/RW, windows
does not give me a choice for what program I want to run to use the
recently
inserted disc. Game CD's do Auto Start properly though. When I insert
the
above mentioned discs, Windows Explorer just opens to display the contents
of
the disc. When I go into "My Computer" and select "Properties" for my DVD
RW
or DVD drive, and then select the "AutoPlay" tab, no matter what I choose
for
the content type, the "select an action to perform" list is completely
empty!

I want Windows XP Home Edition SP2 to bring up the "Open With" window like
it used to when I insert these disks.
--
Thanx for your time and help!

  • Re: autorun
    ... Adjust CD-ROM AutoPlay ... Right-click the CD-ROM drive in Windows Explorer, ... Select the AutoPlay tab. ... If the registry key is not there, you can simply create one by going ...
  • Re: XP Pro - How to disable CD autorun/autoplay ?
    ... Right-click on the cd drive in Windows Explorer, ... autoplay tab and select the type of files and the ... >Searching with Google I've found: ...
  • Re: autoplay and disks problem from norton internet security 2005
    ... Right-click the CD-ROM drive in Windows Explorer, ... Why doesn't AutoPlay work? ... my XP was installed from a clean install and then I put Norton ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Show Desktop and Play not working
    ... It was labeled as SHCmdFile. ... it opens a Windows Explorer thing that shows the ... Ever since I have done this, the AutoPlay of my DVD drive doesn't ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Printing Multiple Documents through Windows Explorer.
    ... Windows Explorer Folder (select all, ... driver I use (although only tried on HP printers). ... opens one version. ... >Shane wrote: ...
    (microsoft.public.word.printingfonts)