Re: Windows no longer brings up the "Open With" window.
- From: "Mickey Mouse" <Mickey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 6 May 2006 12:14:02 +1000
Bring up windows Explorer and right click on you cd rom. Select properties
then Autoplay, then select what you want to do.
Hope this helps.
"Jeff Wernicke" <JeffWernicke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
When I insert a music CD or DVD-R/RW or a movie DVD, or a CD-R/RW, windows
does not give me a choice for what program I want to run to use the
inserted disc. Game CD's do Auto Start properly though. When I insert
above mentioned discs, Windows Explorer just opens to display the contents
the disc. When I go into "My Computer" and select "Properties" for my DVD
or DVD drive, and then select the "AutoPlay" tab, no matter what I choose
the content type, the "select an action to perform" list is completely
I want Windows XP Home Edition SP2 to bring up the "Open With" window like
it used to when I insert these disks.
Thanx for your time and help!
- Prev by Date: Re: How can I copy my files to a 2nd Hard Drive?
- Next by Date: Re: sound. windows xp reinstall no sound drivers or mixerdevices
- Previous by thread: Having problems with QUARTZ.DLL error
- Next by thread: Re: Windows no longer brings up the "Open With" window.