Re: Windows Explorer completely blocks my desktop

Download a VBScript which removes Common Tasks from Desktop:
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_commtask_desktop.htm

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"RobK" <RobK@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:C383FD3C-1501-49E6-B065-02E100E68FBC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Awhile back my fingers slipped on my keyboard and I found that my
normal-looking desktop, with nice background picture, had been replaced by a
Windows Explorer window, with white background everywhere but on the left
side, where it (optionally) displays the "common tasks" panel. Unfortunately
this Explorer window has no title bar and no window borders, so I can't make
it go away. (Well, if I kill explorer.exe in Task Manager it goes away, but
so, unfortunately, does everything else. When I restart explorer.exe, it once
again covers everything up.)

I'd really love to get my old desktop back. Anyone have a solution?
--
Rob

  • Re: Weird file name sorting order in folder explorer window
    ... explorer window display the file names in plain ASCII ascending order? ... A folder explorer ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)
  • explorer.exe leaking User Objects
    ... Task Manager shows explorer.exe with a very high number for "USER Objects". ... Open an explorer window by pressing Win-E ... In the bottom frame, scroll down to the bottom-most "Pagefile Backed" entry. ...
  • Re: File Copying with Win Shell Object
    ... open an explorer window if it's not open. ... Set xpFolderView = xpWnd.Document ' is not documented :-) ... 'Set colSrcFiles = sh.NameSpace.Items ... and a folder window has ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.wsh)
  • Media Player for Audio Integration into Windows Explorer
    ... In Vista and Windows 7 there is an area at the bottom of the explorer window ... If specific sound media files are selected, ... There is obvioulsy the need to still have some sort of media player ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • RE: Word Batch Printing Failure
    ... > Explorer window - not to be confused with Internet Explorer - as opposed to ... Word 2003 opens normally and prints the file quickly, ... >>> error messages? ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)