Re: Taks bar/Windows repair

Do you see an vertical arrow when the curser is placed over the gray line? If so, left
mouse click and drag it up.

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

CLS wrote:
> Bert & Jaymon,
> Ran Security Task Mgr, it found "new.net startup" and
> "mouse32.exe". I quaratined both.
> Ran Task Bar Repair Tool PLus: selected Task Bar Is
> Missing, selected YES when it wanted to reboot Windows
> shell and got RUN TIME ERROR '70', PERMISSION DENIED.
>
> I still don't have the Task Bar. There is a thin gray
> line at the bottom of the screen. Looks like it may be
> the top of the task bar. I can't even use the WINDOWS key
> on the key board to open the Start Menu.
> Thanks for the help,
> Phil
>
> "Jaymon" wrote:
>
>> It seems to be a spyware problem..!
>> http://www.neuber.com/taskmanager/process/newdot~2.dll.html
>> j;-)
>>
>> "CLS" wrote:
>>
>>> I never get the task bar when xp boots. It's not
>>> hidden, it's just not there. Ck'd Control Panel to make
>>> sure it's set up corectly. Any ideas?
>>> Also, I've tried doing the Windows repair function on
>>> the xp cd. Window loaded ok, and appeared to have fixed
>>> the task bar until I shut down a 2nd time and
>>> restarted. Then had the same problem with the task bar.
>>> Could what ever file that is corrupting windows, still
>>> be present, even after running the repair?
>>> I also get a DLL error on start:
>>> C:\PROGR~1\NEWDOT~\NEWDOT~2.DLL. I did not get this
>>> error on the initial start after Windows was repaired.
>>>
>>> Thanks for any help,
>>> Phil

  • RE: Taks bar/Windows repair
    ... Ran Task Bar Repair Tool PLus: selected Task Bar Is Missing, ... when it wanted to reboot Windows shell and got RUN TIME ERROR '70', ... the WINDOWS key on the key board to open the Start Menu. ...
  • Re: Windows XP PRO Task Bar
    ... Right click any .vbs file and click Edit. ... .vbs file opens in Notepad so that you can see what's in it instead of Windows Script Host actually running it. ... many there that deal with the task bar So I can't give you the number. ... Decrease the Size of Taskbar Buttons - Undo ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: What is the purpose of the taskbar?
    ... I have it configured for automatic updates. ... suddenly show up in the task bar. ... program that's done it, not Windows. ... Why are the different icons ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Windows XP PRO Task Bar
    ... Windows Support Center ... Right click any .vbs file and click Edit. ... many there that deal with the task bar So I can't give you the number. ... Decrease the Size of Taskbar Buttons - Undo ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Taks bar/Windows repair
    ... Taskbar Repair Tool Plus! ... I've tried doing the Windows repair function on the ... > task bar until I shut down a 2nd time and restarted. ... > I also get a DLL error on start: ...