Problem getting Windows updates
- From: "oldfogie" <oldfogie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2005 23:29:34 -0500
I just obtained an IBM Thinkpad 600 that has Windows XP Pro installed. It
has XP1, but when I went to Windows update to try to get XP2 update (and any
others needed) ran into a problem. It spends a few minutes and then says:
"The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are
trying to view, Options below might help you to solve the problem." And it
shows error 0 X 80072EE2.
I tried the options shown with no help.
Another problem is no sound, something wrong with Crystal WDM audio codec,
says it won't start, or run. Gives error 10 on this.
I have Windows Me on my regular computer and am pretty familiar with it, but
not with XP. Will appreciate any help.
- Prev by Date: Re: What key combination causes this?
- Next by Date: explorer.EXE application error
- Previous by thread: double document computerfiles
- Next by thread: Re: Problem getting Windows updates