RE: chkdsk error 0x0000007E

Try the results of this Google search - lot's of good info there:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=0x0000007E+Fs_rec.sys&btnG=Search

Do you have Nero? Is it updated? That's one of the solutions that I read
about. We'll need to know more about recent hardware and software
installations to figure this one out! :)

"Gerard" wrote:

> Hello, if i check my c:\ drive with windows, chkdsk and i do that in windows,
> then windows gives no error messages, if i do it with the options marked,
> check and repair, the the pc must be started again and the chkdks begins,
> everthing goes right untill (5/5) check free disk space, the following error
> comes on the sceen, at 90%, error : update the bios or disable caching &
> shadowing : stop : 0x0000007E
> (0xC0000005, 0xF9F4E51D, 0xF9E69C38, 0xF9E69934) Fs_rec.sys adress F9F4E51D
> base at F9F4E000 datestamp 3b7d8361.
>
> i have updated the bios , and tryed to disable all chace and shadowing but
> then windows is starting very slow. I have pulled all the extra cards out of
> the pc, so the pc is as empty as possible, but nothing helps !!!
> Does anyone have any sugestions ????
>
> This site i also have been watching but noting seems to work :
> http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?query=0X0000007E&x=10&y=10&catalog=LCID%3D1033&spid=1173&qryWt=&mode=r&cus=False
>
> Regards,
> Gerard

  • RE: WMP 11 - crashes computer immediately when attempting mp3 play
    ... WMP 10 plays and works fine. ... I have attempted two different installations ... Here is the error messages I get when attempting to install Winmedia 11: ... caused the Windows operating system to stop unexpectedly. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia)
  • RE: XP Security
    ... domain later anyway without any error messages. ... I'm trying to join the computer to a Windows ... >|>Thanks for using Microsoft News Group! ... >|>| application or service was still using the registry ...
  • Re: Office 2007: no default application templates seem to be work
    ... Windows XP sr2 with automatic updates on. ... Upon starting Excel, I am alread in a blank workbook. ... This article was written for the beta TR update. ... Can you be more specific on the error messages, version of Windows and the steps you're using? ...
    (microsoft.public.office.setup)
  • Re: Control Panel Add/Remove Programs shuts down pc
    ... I went through the Emergency Repair Disk program which no improvement. ... You can leave Event Viewer open, ... have you attempted any sort of Windows XP Repair or SYstem ... There are a "LOT" of ERROR messages. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: cant access system restore & no IE browser for MS downloads
    ... Then follow the earlier instructions to see if the Cryptographic service is running. ... Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows Shell/User] ... most of them but received error messages on a few. ... install SP2. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)