Re: Administrator error when trying to save on D: disc drive

mark it says that it cannot find a better driver to press finish,its strange
how it is doing it with computer upstairs too because the disc drive was in
the machine when we bought it,what else do u suggest

"Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:

> You need to find an XP compatible driver for the CD or DVD 'burner' that enables that recording tab checkbox.
>
> The device manager properties of the drive may have a Driver tab that allows a button for "UpDate Driver"
> start/run, type: DEVMGMT.MSC
>
> --
> Mark L. Ferguson
> "Julie" <Julie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:4E702A53-5786-4A6C-9D97-755513B51821@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > it says its running properly.it plays cds and plays dvds its just when i try
> > save onto the discs it wont let me,says not got permission,we uninstalled it
> > and redone it and it says the same.works properly but wont let us use the
> > path to save onto a disc it says to contact administrator
> >
> > "Patrick Keenan" wrote:
> >
> >> "Julie" <Julie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> >>
> >> If you ran a recovery disk and now burning isn't avaiable, I wonder if that
> >> is the original drive. Try going into Control Panel, System, Device
> >> Manager, and right-clicking on the CD-Rom drive. Select "Uninstall", say
> >> yes and then restart the system to permit re-detection.
> >>
> >> You might want to take a quick note of how the drive is identified currently
> >> and how it's re-detected.
> >>
> >> Does that change the options available?
> >>
> >> HTH
> >> -pk

  • Re: Administrator error when trying to save on D: disc drive
    ... > mark it wont let me go past the properties cos its not a file its the ... > computer onto a disc on this drive.that site was for files not actual dvd ...
  • Re: Administrator error when trying to save on D: disc drive
    ... DVD-/CD-RW DRIVEit plays dvds and discs but wont let me save from ... "Mark L. Ferguson" wrote: ... >> photos or anything onto a disc it says that that path not allowed to contact ...
  • cvs-src summary for April 11, 2004
    ... Please send any comments to Mark Johnston ... I also mentioned_ that Roman Kurakin MFC'ed the driver for Cronyx ... These changes should improve support for suspending and resuming, ... from the chip's be put through Yarrow. ...
    (freebsd-current)
  • Re: The usage of dvd-writers a pain rather than a gain?
    ... driver really resolve the possible problems caused by ... disc, first ... folder (with Window 2000 Prof. OS). ... The damage cycle has reduced ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: DVD drive problem
    ... Pioneer don't list a driver for my drive, they don't seem to list drivers ... One thing I notice from device manager, ... with the icon saying DVD-RW as per disc, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)