Re: Regedit.com??? What the?

Thank you for your advice. Did my reading homework. And found the problem.
"Win32.P2P-Worm.Alcan.a" which modifies your shell command. Thank you
AdAware!!!! for finding it... and killing it. Norton AV, Panda, and Trend
Micro were not effective with this worm, I am very disappointed. Does not
even come up on their radar.

RB

"Wesley Vogel" <123WVogel955@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Did you do a Search for regedit.com on your machine?
>
> HOW TO: Search For Hidden Or System Files In Windows XP
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;302347
>
> If you don't have a virus/trojan now, then you had one at one time.
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:Ew0se.2332$6o4.783@fed1read04,
> RB <bazinetr@xxxxxxxxx> hunted and pecked:
>> Start, Run, I type in regedit. I get a blank command window which reads
>> windows/system32/regedit.com. There is no such file as regedit.com in the
>> directory. So I scanned for viruses, adware and spyware. Nothing. I can
>> only acess the registry via regedit.exe. I consulted different web sites,
>> including Symantec's and Microsoft, and there are no recipes to fix this.
>> Many have the same identical problem. No explanation on the causes.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Richard

  • Re: Shell command help?
    ... > I'm trying to issue a simple shell command in client-side jscript on a ... > Windows CE device. ... > TIA. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.app.development)
  • Re: converting raw images from Canon EOS 600D
    ... they went to to hide access to things like a shell command line. ... and now I use Windows! ... open the Terminal in a Mac and Unix lovers can go for ... familiar with Macs and OSX. ...
    (rec.photo.digital)
  • Re: converting raw images from Canon EOS 600D
    ... they went to to hide access to things like a shell command line. ... and now I use Windows! ... What's to hide, open the Terminal in a Mac and Unix lovers can go for it, and play with the command line to their heart's content. ... There are all sorts of things you can do with a Mac that have nothing to do with preconceived misconceptions of OSX. ...
    (rec.photo.digital)