Re: Is my monitor shot or is it software related?

"Steve Horrillo" <usenet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
| I'm trying to get my friend's laptop fixed. The screen laptop screen is
| showing nothing but a pattern of fine vertical lines. When hook up an
| external monitor the external one is working fine. All I notice different
| from the last time I worked on his computer is that the bios battery seems
| dead. It's won't keep the set time after a reboot. Other than that
| everything looks OK in device manager. I tried using FN+F4 to toggle
between
| screens but that didn't work. What could be wrong? Is it possible that
it's
| a software problem? Should I try to reinstall windows, or is it a hardware
| problem? My thinking is If the video card was bad, or it was a
| software/virus the external monitor wouldn't work. Any ideas?
|
| --
| Warmest regards,
|
| Steve Horrillo, Realtor | Trainer | Hypnotherapist
| http://brokeragenttraining.com (Advanced training for real estate
| professionals)
| http://over100percent.com (Realtors earn over 100 percent)

That the display works on an external monitor indicates that the laptops
video adapter is functioning.

Suspect a failed connection or cable to the internal display or a failed
LCD.

--
Doug

I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
I was just trying to help.
advice herein.
No warranty is expressed or implied.
Your mileage may vary.
See store for details. :)

Remove shoes to E-mail.

  • Re: Designing forms for a lower screen res
    ... I'm developing an Access app on a laptop with a 1440x900 wide-screen ... Of course I can't change the display res of my screen (it's a laptop ... but I don't have an external monitor. ... creep off the edges of some screens. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.forms)
  • Re: Using dual monitors
    ... I'm using a Sony laptop and have an external screen attached. ... As I sit in front of my laptop the external monitor is to my left. ... mouse pointer to the far right of the laptop display. ... If you open up your desktop Properties>Settings you should see an image with two monitor screens depicted -- #1 being the primary laptop screen. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: [SLE] Re: SuSE 10.1 and ATI Mobility Radeon X1400
    ... > external monitor that you cant use:) ... > Try your laptop user's guide first. ... > this combination on my laptop changes from LCD only - VGA only - both LCD ... both screens mirrored. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: All red screens (???)
    ... Thanks SO much Richard for the common sense advice! ... As to desktop vs. laptop, I heard/read that they don't last as long and ARE ... your RAM memory options are greater and software ... Yesterday for the first time in my computer life the screens turned ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Why I hate Mac & OSX
    ... be a pleasant surprise as an upgrade to my 2005 vintage G4 laptop. ... those in the Windows mindset tend to throw up their hands ... All keys which you as a coder use a lot. ... incorrectly calibrated screens. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)