Re: Unknown Program Starting

Do you have an "always on" broadband connection? If so, something could be
phoning home with credit card numbers etc. due to a key logging program.

Install ZoneAlarm or any good firewall that checks outward bound traffic
(Windows built in firewall does not) . You will get a warning from ZA asking
if you want to allow this action. Note what is trying to connect. Answer
"no" to disallow the connection. Then hunt down the source and eliminate it.
Get ZoneAlarm here: http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/home.jsp

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

"nathan" <nathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>I am running Windows MCE, with all the latest updates. Adaware, Spybot S&D,
> and AVG Anti-Virus all report there are no problems with my system.
>
> My problem is, a program keeps starting up, roughly every 20 minutes or
> so,
> running for a split second or so, and then closing itself. It doesn't have
> window, it just appears in the taskbar and steals focus from whatever
> application I'm running (including full screen programs, taking me back to
> the desktop which is very annoying). There is no name in the taskbar, and
> it
> has a non-distinctive icon. I can't identify the program in the task
> manager,
> because it disappears too quickly. Can anyone tell me how I can identify
> whatever this is so I can remove it?

  • Linksys BEFSX41 firewall/router & Linux?
    ... I have just signed up for Verizon DSL (cross fingers, ... but I don't want a broadband connection without a good ... I currently run Windows NT and OS/2, ... and I plan to run Linux as well, so a hardware firewall would seem ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • disconnection problem
    ... I use Defender, and windows ... firewall. ... I notice my broadband connection keeps dropping out and with the ...
  • Re: Unknown Program Starting
    ... any firewall should be able to quickly ID ... > Install ZoneAlarm or any good firewall that checks outward bound traffic ... >>I am running Windows MCE, ... it just appears in the taskbar and steals focus from whatever ...
  • Re: Titlebars stuck behind taskbar
    ... you are better off with no firewall at all then ... > windows with the titlebar behind the taskbar rather than ... My firewall, BlackICE, does this, as does ... > this is a bug in Windows or is it a bug in the respective ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Firewall Issue - Cant connect via broadband
    ... > I recently uninstalled the mcafee desktop firewall and since then ... > cant get access to my broadband connection. ... > I have tried to reinstall windows XP and tried the repair Windows XP ...