Re: Problem with Task manager

Ramesh,

Thanks for the advice, it did not appear to be a virus or anything like
that. I had to recreate my profile in XP to fix the problem. ANy ideas what
happened? I only know that the profile became locked and I am assuming the
task manager and according to one of the above posts the registry as well.

Dominic

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> Task Manager has been disabled by your administrator:
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/taskmanager_error.htm
>
> This is usually caused by malware / viruses. Try Trend Micro's Sysclean
> package (free), it's capable of eliminating keyloggers, trojans etc. Full
> instructions at:
>
> Generic Trojan / Adware Infestation Removal Procedure:
>
> Trend Micro Sysclean package
> http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=10820
>
> The Parasite Fight - Quick Fix Protocol:
> http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.php
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "DFontana" <DFontana@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > When I try to open the task manager by pressing ctrl- Alt- Del I get a
> > message that Task manager has been disabled by an Admin9strator. I am
> > using
> > Windows XP SP2 Home Edition and was work fine until I installed a few
> > games.
> > System Restore was disabled so I have no checkpoints prior to the
> > installation of games.
> >
> > Is ther any way of re-enabling the task manager?
> >
> > Thanks in Advance

  • Re: Remove Hidden Data tool will not install
    ... I went back to duncan21's fix again to double check the steps. ... can create a new profile and not have this issue. ... Under the *Toolbars* tab, reset any toolbars that are checked. ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)
  • Re: Windows Explorer = dead.
    ... about restarting my computer in an effort to fix the problem. ... So start explorer.exe via the Task Manager as well. ... If I start explorer via the task manager (which I tried almost ... Possibly a shell extension either corrupt/rogue? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Explorer.exe
    ... so can I run it from the task manager or do I have ... I need to know what actions I can take to fix this issue. ... It's very difficult to navigate through ... > If that doesn't do it then do a repair install: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: [Lucy] version .004 available
    ... I'd release a fix, but.. ... post, check another group, back to post, hit submit, ideally with the ability ... It already has profile support via 'server aliases' but.. ... I'm hammering on it a lot here, 'cause I see the bugs.. ...
    (news.software.readers)
  • Re: RED X in office programs
    ... Copying it to the harddrive does not fix the problem. ... problems seeing the images from the harddrive or over the network. ... > Echo ... >>> images embedded in them that do not display in my profile. ...
    (microsoft.public.powerpoint)