Re: Problem with Task manager

Ramesh,

Thanks for the advice, it did not appear to be a virus or anything like
that. I had to recreate my profile in XP to fix the problem. ANy ideas what
happened? I only know that the profile became locked and I am assuming the
task manager and according to one of the above posts the registry as well.

Dominic

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> Task Manager has been disabled by your administrator:
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/taskmanager_error.htm
>
> This is usually caused by malware / viruses. Try Trend Micro's Sysclean
> package (free), it's capable of eliminating keyloggers, trojans etc. Full
> instructions at:
>
> Generic Trojan / Adware Infestation Removal Procedure:
>
> Trend Micro Sysclean package
> http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=10820
>
> The Parasite Fight - Quick Fix Protocol:
> http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.php
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "DFontana" <DFontana@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > When I try to open the task manager by pressing ctrl- Alt- Del I get a
> > message that Task manager has been disabled by an Admin9strator. I am
> > using
> > Windows XP SP2 Home Edition and was work fine until I installed a few
> > games.
> > System Restore was disabled so I have no checkpoints prior to the
> > installation of games.
> >
> > Is ther any way of re-enabling the task manager?
> >
> > Thanks in Advance

  • Re: Remove Hidden Data tool will not install
    ... I went back to duncan21's fix again to double check the steps. ... can create a new profile and not have this issue. ... Under the *Toolbars* tab, reset any toolbars that are checked. ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)
  • Re: Windows Explorer = dead.
    ... about restarting my computer in an effort to fix the problem. ... So start explorer.exe via the Task Manager as well. ... If I start explorer via the task manager (which I tried almost ... Possibly a shell extension either corrupt/rogue? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Explorer.exe
    ... so can I run it from the task manager or do I have ... I need to know what actions I can take to fix this issue. ... It's very difficult to navigate through ... > If that doesn't do it then do a repair install: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: [Lucy] version .004 available
    ... I'd release a fix, but.. ... post, check another group, back to post, hit submit, ideally with the ability ... It already has profile support via 'server aliases' but.. ... I'm hammering on it a lot here, 'cause I see the bugs.. ...
    (news.software.readers)
  • Re: Admin rights gone - Help needed fast
    ... that fix is specific to Task Manager being disabled. ... Virus scan found nothing, and spyware scan removed some tracking cookies. ... Rebooted in regular mode same issue also same in Safe mode. ...