Re: USB no longer automatically installing drivers

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion. However, I tried the procedures suggested on
that page and none of them worked. Do you have any other ideas? I really
hope that the only way to get my USB ports to recognize my devices again
isn't a total reinstallation of Windows or something. This is ridiculous.

"Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> General USB Troubleshooting in Windows XP
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310575
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Milliehol" <Milliehol@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> >I recently purchased a USB desktop microphone, accidentally plugged it in
> > while the computer was going into hibernation, experienced several
> > computer
> > reboots, and now none of my USB devices work except my mouse. I have
> > tried
> > uninstalling and reinstalling the USB root hub and controllers and the
> > devices are still not recognized. A message simply pops up saying: ""USB
> > Device Not Recognized. One of the USB devices attached to this computer
> > has
> > malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it. For assistance in
> > solving
> > this problem, click this message." Any ideas on how to solve this
> > problem?

  • RE: USB Device Not Recognized - If u can solve this one, you are truly
    ... I have a computer that gives the following error when I plug in some USB ... Windows does not recognize it. ... |- Unused Port ... I've removed all USB devices from device ...
  • Re: Making a USB bootdisk...
    ... U can install wine on a Linux machine and run windows exe. ... Re: Making a USB bootdisk... ... just by using dd to copy to the ISO to the disk. ... Download LiveUSB creator for Windows platform. ...
    (RedHat)
  • RE: Controlling specific USB devices on Windows XP
    ... Controlling specific USB devices on Windows XP ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: USB no longer automatically installing drivers
    ... > isn't a total reinstallation of Windows or something. ... >> General USB Troubleshooting in Windows XP ... >> Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone ...
  • Re: Unable to type password
    ... You might have an older host that doesn't natively support legacy USB devices (keyboard and mouse). ... Although they work when Windows loads, that requires Windows to first load the USB drivers to support those devices. ... If the BIOS doesn't itself natively support legacy USB devices and if there is a problem with the USB drivers in Windows, their enumeration or setup in the registry, or with the USB controller, ports, or devices themselves, you're not going to be able to use those USB devices to login. ...