Re: can't play videos-get wjview.exe, windsapi.dll error

From: Wesley Vogel (123WVogel955_at_comcast.net)
Date: 06/20/04

Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 00:56:34 GMT

Update your anti virus program and run a complete system scan.

WJView Error
http://java.com/en/download/help/wjview.jsp

"WJView" error at startup
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/WJViewError.htm

"WJView error Could not execute main" error message when you start your
Windows XP-based computer
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=831427

First. Make sure of these settings and nothing will install without you
answering YES. (Except what may install as part of some other software.)

Start | Settings | Control Panel | Internet Options | Advanced tab |
Make sure both of these are NOT checked.

 Enable Install On Demand (Internet Explorer)
[[Specifies to automatically download and install Internet Explorer
components if a Web page needs them in order to display the page properly or
perform a particular task.]]

 Enable Install On Demand (Other)
[[Specifies to automatically download and install Web components if a Web
page needs them in order to display the page properly or perform a
particular task.]]

Apply | OK
=================================

Second. If you need a scan right now.

Follow the instructions!
THE PARASITE FIGHT QUICK FIX PROTOCOL
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.php

======================

Third.
It is known as Scumware. Visit these sites. 1, 2, 3 and 4 are really good.
Download, install, run, update and run again; one or all. They are all
good, FREE utilities.

1) CWShredder direct download:
http://216.180.233.163/~merijn/files/CWShredder.exe

2) SpywareBlaster
[[SpywareBlaster doesn't scan and clean for spyware - it prevents it from
ever being installed.
The most important step you can take is to secure your system. And
SpywareBlaster is the most powerful protection program available.]]

3) Spybot S & D
http://www.safer-networking.org/index.php?lang=en&page=download

4) HijackThis (some other stuff that may be of interest also)

5) Bazooka Adware and Spyware Scanner v1.13
http://www.kephyr.com/spywarescanner/index.html?source=appvisit

6) ToolbarCop
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/toolbarcop.htm

7) AdAware
===============

Additional information & instructions.
A wealth of information here, boys and girls.

THE PARASITE FIGHT QUICK FIX PROTOCOL
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm

THE PARASITE FIGHT
Finding, Removing & Protecting Yourself From Scumware
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm

Bugs, Glitches & Stuffups

Dealing with Unwanted Spyware and Parasites
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;827315#appliesto

Spyware and Deceptive Software
http://www.microsoft.com/mscorp/twc/privacy/spyware.mspx?gssnb=1

What you should know about spyware
http://www.microsoft.com/security/articles/spyware.asp

--
Hope this helps.  Let us know.
Wes
> the file is missing . How do I replace it?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: How to Delete Search Assistant from Registry
    ... (Except what may install as part of some ... >THE PARASITE FIGHT QUICK FIX PROTOCOL ... >4a) HijackThis (direct download) ... >Dealing with Unwanted Spyware and Parasites ...
  • Re: How to Delete Search Assistant from Registry
    ... Make sure of these settings and nothing will install without ... >> [[Specifies to automatically download and install Internet Explorer ... >> THE PARASITE FIGHT QUICK FIX PROTOCOL ... >> [[SpywareBlaster doesn't scan and clean for spyware - it prevents it ...
  • Re: cannot uninstall application
    ... Make sure of these settings and nothing will install without you ... > THE PARASITE FIGHT QUICK FIX PROTOCOL ... > Download, install, run, update and run again; ... > How to use HijackThis to remove Browser Hijackers & Spyware ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Server Service
    ... but that isn't a fix for me. ... (Except what may install as part of some ... >THE PARASITE FIGHT QUICK FIX PROTOCOL ... >Dealing with Unwanted Spyware and Parasites ...
  • Re: How to Delete Search Assistant from Registry
    ... Make sure of these settings and nothing will install without you ... [[Specifies to automatically download and install Web components if a Web ... THE PARASITE FIGHT QUICK FIX PROTOCOL ... Bazooka Adware and Spyware Scanner v1.13 ...