Re: Memory Slots
- From: "L.S." <Pat@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 20:51:59 -0500
Please disregard, started new post.
"L.S." <notgood@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
If I could ask a follow-up question.
I have an older system, nvidia geforce2 board, amd sempron 3300 @ 1.8mhz
and one 512m stick on memory, ddr333 64x64.
I have an extra stick 1gb, pc3200 ddr @ 400mhz.
Can I run both or not and will the pc3200 run ok in the system?
thanks for any help/advise,
"db" <databaseben at hotmail dot com> wrote in message
you might be better
off with getting rid
of that 256 chip
and move that 1 gig
chip to the first slot or
replace the 256 with
an "identical" ram chip
to that of the 1 gig
you have now.
two identical chips
may provide your
system with a boost
via dual channel memory
DatabaseBen, Retired Professional
- Systems Analyst
- Database Developer
- Veteran of the Armed Forces
- Microsoft Partner
~~~~~~~~~~"share the nirvana" - dbZen
"Dale" <Dale@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Does it matter in which slot a stick is installed ?
Belarc Advisor reports:
Slot 'J6G1' has 256 MB
Slot 'J6G2' has 1024 MB
I read somewhere to 'install the largest capacity memory module' in each
memory socket. The 256MB 266MHZ PC2100 is OEM (Gateway). 1024MB 333MHZ
added later, but purchased from Gateway.
- Prev by Date: memory stick??
- Next by Date: Re: My HD changed its name and I can't rename it (not the drive letter)
- Previous by thread: Re: Memory Slots
- Next by thread: Windows XP not starting after extra RAM added