Using Multiple Monitors: Graphics Card + Motherboard VGA

I recently purchased a second monitor and a graphics card. I have used
systems with multiple monitors before, so I know how everything works in
Windows XP (all the settings in the Display dialog, etc.). However, Windows
does not want to see both monitors at the same time. I can get either
monitor to work by connecting to my original motherboard VGA, and I can get
either monitor to work by connecting to the new graphics card, but I can't
get both to work at the same time. Is there something I need to do in
Windows XP before connecting the second monitor (the instructions on the CDs
that came with the monitor and graphics card were useless in figuring this
out). Thanks.
--
Nathan Sokalski
njsokalski@xxxxxxxxxxx

  • Re: OT: my new PC rocks!!
    ... I'm alright with this because I kept the big monitor box (because it's ... that Windows may recognise "plug and play" monitors better...but, ... X-Windows really needs one simple-ish addition (which was originally ... Red Hat use "MD5 sums" on all of the ISO images for you to ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Re: Someone help please
    ... 1/ Have you checked the connection from your graphics card (at the back of ... 2/ Is the monitor 'on' switch illuminated showing that power is getting to ... starts to load Windows you can always try removing service pack 2 from safe ... Any other ideas to get SP2 off or restore to ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Monitor stays on stand-by
    ... My computer has a late beep then it boots and i can hear my windows ... start up sound but my monitor stays on Stand-By. ... graphics card but i just wanted to make sure before i start buying ... If yo connect to the onboard grapgics, ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • [kde] Re: How do I remove the "new activity" item from the desktop?
    ... I can't see the point of having any icons on the desktop. ... The bottom monitor is my "work" monitor, where I often run dual half- ... maxed windows all accessible, clicking in say akregator to open a browser ... in the screenshot, the only plasmoid on it is the comic strip plasmoid, ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: Registry Corruption
    ... If you have access to another monitor, ... Other possibilities, make sure the graphics card is well seated in its slot, ... > of the latest fixes to XP via the Windows Update service. ... > registry keys that govern the desktop appearance. ...